Chapter 1: One on One

Dragons are well known for their incredible capabilities

Dragons are well known for their incredible capabilities. From spitting fire to being the most intelligent creatures in the world. Fearless and reckless.

Many cultures worshipped and praised them as if they were gods. Offering them gifts and wonderful precious stones. Even giving sacrifices in "exchange" of good stability during their lifetime.

Having the head of one in your name, would honor one's life. It would bring great closeness to the King, as well as riches and jewels from the dragons' nest.

Given such circumstances, dragons were hunted for years and years. Kings would order their trustable knights to defeat the beasts and bring prosperity to their kingdom.

Big troops and even armies would go in the search for rumors about a dragons' nest. One was more than enough to deal with. These large beasts could wipe out a troop in less than a plasma spit.

Knowing this, only the strongest or the most stupid knights would go for a dragon's head.

As time passed the dragons almost became extinct. There were fewer and fewer, angering the brave knights who wished for a great dragon's head in their honor.

Knights would ship away through oceans and find new dragons.

"Amery of the seas" the fastest ship of all the seas. At the order of King Edgard Barbrow II. it was indicated that a new dragon cavern had been found. This information stated that a whole herd of dragons lived there.

Like any greedy human, the King asked his royal army to go and hunt the head of at least one dragon. The people who accomplished the mission would be promoted to Royal Knight of the Military Court and would gain tons of gold! What honored knight would not wish for such a prize?

Not to mention all the wealth and fulfillment to be gained. One snap from their finger, and everyone would kneel before great importance.

Thus, the ship's crew continued their course through the vast sea. Ready to complete their mission.

Upon disembarking the troop followed the orders of the General in charge.

The days passed, but the deeper they went into the land, the worse things got. Several soldiers were attacked or killed in the middle of the night. Their corpses ended up bleeding to death on the ground, some even seemed to die from internal causes instead of external ones...

It was as if the whole place was haunted...

Many wanted to flee and not return; almost half of the crew had died under strange circumstances.

The General did not allow useless people. If anyone surrendered, he himself would murder them for their misfortune. No matter who they were, if they showed weakness during the travel then they would not be ready to face the dragon. It was all or nothing, they had no time to go chasing wimps before they reached the dragon cave.