Chapter 2: Cursed fortune

"Magic water

"Magic water...?"

"Yes"

The General stared at the water and then turned to look at the boy with concern.

"I am being serious!"

"....."

"I mean it!!!"

Seeing how he was taken for ridicule. He decided to ask him to unsheathe his sword. "Draw your sword, give me a light cut and you will see that I am serious!"

Without a second thought Derick unsheathed his sword and approached it in a not so passive way to his opponent, and maybe too fast... Good thing was that the boy's reflexes were agile, he was able to stop it before the iron touched his chest.

Unfortunately, he used both hands to hold it, keeping a strong grip. You could even see how Derick applied more force, the poor sword was trembling!

After a while he loosened his grip and dodged the General's suspected attack in time. He walked backwards without turning his body, doubting the "kindness" of the knight in front of him.

Being far away enough so that there were no more unforeseen events. He bent down being cautious, showing his bloody hands from the front. He put them into the water at a height where the "magic" could be visible; a small grunt coming from his lips. The blood spread through the water. And in less than 10 seconds the young man's wound began to heal, closing the edges of his previous cut skin.

"See. I'm not lying"

The General was fascinated. What kind of mystical source of life was this? Where did such majestic water come from?

Ready to take some for himself, he took out his empty water bag. The moment he was about to refill it, his opponent's hands stopped him.

"Do not!"

"So you are greedy, huh?"

"That is not what I meant!"

The dragon gently pushed the human, preventing him from achieving his goal.

"The water is poisoned!"

A small silence came by... and ignoring him again, the General approached with his bag of water.

"I mean it!"

"Then why do you say you drink this?"

"I can drink it! My stomach can handle it! If any human drinks even a droplet of this water they would die in seconds, at most survive a day! Your bodies can not handle it!!!"

He explained between worries, still pushing Derick back.

He did not want to pay attention to his excuses, but then he remembered how he was the only member in the crew left. How he was the only one who did not drink from any river in the area...