Initially Jaxon tried holding my hair back and tried to comfort me as I wasn’t at my best, but his touch of usual buzzing felt cold and chilled me to the bone. I couldn’t handle his touch and shoved him off me, comforting myself. He is now perched against a tree, trying not to watch me as I am in a horrible state but for some reason he keeps looking back over to me.

Honestly it was pissing me off.

‘Are you okay Olivia?’ He quietly spoke as I rolled onto my butt and leant my back against the tree, head falling back as my face pointed the sky. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the dimming sky through the gum tree canopies and let out a shaky breath, not answering to the man causing so much havoc.

‘I am trying really hard not to lose my temper here Olivia, so I suggest you answer my fucking question.’ He snapped at me yet his eyes held a kindness to them.

‘Trying not to lose your temper?’ I coughed at him, my throat hoarse and scratchy. I saw him sigh and run a hand through his hair, my eyes now focused on him. He placed his palm to the sky and muttered a word, then suddenly a glass was resting in his hand, filled with what I assumed to be water.

He made his way over to me and held it out. I raised my eyebrows at him, him raising his right back so I sighed and grabbed the glass, sipping on the cool liquid. When my throat felt a bit better I glared daggers at him.

‘How many people would you kill then if you lost your temper? How many little girls would you throw across the room, how many children’s lives would you scar permanently?’ I asked, my words filled with hatred.

‘If you haven’t fucking noticed Olivia, I don’t care about what happens to other people. The numbers I would answer would only make you hate me more, something I do not desire to do so I won’t answer it. Now answer my question. Are you okay?’

‘I’m fine.’

‘Don’t bullshit me, can I do anything to help you?’

‘Leave me alone?’

A dry laugh left his parted lips. ‘People aimed guns at you Olivia, they wanted to kill you.' He stated blunty, arms folding accross his chest as he hit me with the turth I coudn't help but flinch at. 'This will have an impact on you but I can’t help you through this if you don’t let me.'

‘There wouldn’t be an issue in the first place if you never came here.’ Silence filled us. I felt proud how I was holding my ground.

The tree to my right fell down with a loud crash, making my jump three feet into the air and look around worriedly. Jaxon was standing with his back to me, back rising and falling rapidly as he breathed in and out, a clear sign of anger. Another tree, this time to my left fell down, the top crashing against the tree already fallen over sending small splinters flying.

I took in a shaky breath, frozen to my spot afraid to move unless another tree fell down.

‘You thought I was dead.’ Jaxon finally said, his back still not facing me. His words sounded angry.

‘How did you not die?’ I asked, my voice small as I spied the massive red splotch on his back, right through the direct center of his chest.

‘You were crying because you thought I died. You can’t possible loathe me as much as you are portraying if you were upset you thought I died.’ My cheeks lit up as he pointed this out. I felt ashamed of my actions.

‘I don’t know why, it’s just something I can’t place, it made me care.’ I spoke, my voice small as I played with a leaf from the ground.

‘It’s something.’ He repeated understanding evident in his tone. This something was a mystery to the both of us, one we both weren’t quite sure on how to act upon. Turning to face me with determined eyes, in two strides his long legs carried him to me and crouched down in front of me, eyes boring into mine.