‘Anybody else?’ His voice was so quiet and so deadly it stopped all the frightened cries from the on lookers.

‘If you make another move, she’s dead.’ One voice spoke as he was quick to acquire a gun from his pants waistline as well as four other boys and one girl, all who looked at least sixteen. Every single gun barrel was raised and aimed, pointing directly at me.

I was looking death in the eye, the old metal barrels contain one tiny sliver of metal that would end my life within a blink of an eye. After seeing me walking with and being associated with Jaxon and his set rule of no harm can come to me, they saw me as I would see another in my position; a traiter. My silent tears fell and I heard Ben calling out to me but my mind was to numb to do anything, tears filled my eyes again as I squeezed them close, my hands making their ways to cover my ears as I awaited my death to come.

But I kept breathing, silence the only thing I heard. I opened an eye slowly and peered around, finding saw everybody in the same spots then uncovered my ears.

‘We know what she means to you. You make one move we kill her. Or you can come with us and spare her life.’ The same guys spoke, voice steady as his eye and aim of the weapon didn’t leave me.

The last thing I expected to hear was the sound of Jaxon’s laugh. It wasn’t magical or music to my ears, however it was a sick, cruel mocking laugh that had me shuddering and cowering back in fear.

‘Are you so fucking foolish to believe that this plan will end without you dying?’

When nobody said anything and the safety switch was flicked off the gun, Jaxon spoke again. ‘I guess you are.’

All six people holding a gun at me flew across the room just like the little girl had previously done. I felt selfish I hadn’t helped her but as I glanced to my side she was gone. I couldn’t find it in me to be concerned.

Jaxon, who was standing in front of me, flashed himself to where everyone lay groaning in a pile and picked up a loose gun pointing it at the teenagers.

‘Why use a gun if you can use magic and gain some more power while I’m at it?’ He smirked viciously and the next thing I knew the person who threatened me was groaning out in pain as his body lit up, flames dancing on his skin. He made no movements and I just knew Jaxon made him paralyzed and burned him, just as they planned to kill Jaxon. The guy’s cries of complete and utter pain filled the room, joined by many screaming and crying kids now scarred for life by these events.

‘Take these remainders to the square. Let them suffer and be a reminder on why not to turn against me, and why not to threaten to take what’s mine away from me.' His eyes locked on mine and in a flash he was in front of me, holding onto my upper arm softly despite his hard look and pissed of manner, then in a flash we were in the middle of the forest.

In another flash I was off the ground and running to a bush only a meter away and empting the contents of my stomach.

***

Not even 30 seconds later everything that had once been in my stomach was now lying in a foul smelling pile a few feet from me as I dry wrenched on my hands and knees. Not only had everyone in that room been scarred but I had to. I witnesses the murder of two people in the space of two minutes, and it was in one of the most brutal ways.

I could still smell the aroma of burning flesh and blood and as my mind flashed back to what both teenagers looked like, I vomited again with nothing arising to empty.

And the little girl. How was she? Where did she go? Was she okay? She only looked 13 years old, why would be hurt such an innocent person who had done nothing wrong by him? I wanted these answers, so badly I tried to ask but every time I tried to speak I felt like I wanted to throw up so I kept myself quiet.