Privileges

After the class tour fiasco, Dad decided I could do with a little time off from life on general. So, instead of letting me completely skip school, he decided that I was going to get first hand experience in what the Emperor was doing. Therefore, I would be accompanying my father as he attempted to track down a rebel starship.

The cruiser was rumored to be the host of several great rebellion leaders. Princess Leia, of  Aalderan (spelling, anyone??) was rumored to be in attendance, as was most of the Rebellion' firepower. They had only a few legions of soldiers compared to the hundreds of thousands the Emperor possessed, and the majority was on this cruiser. All we had to do was capture it, and we could completely squash the Rebellion at it's toughest point.

Therefore, I found myself on a large Imperial Cruiser, gazing out into the stars as we raced towards the coordinates of the rebellion steam liner. I was slightly nervous, my body quivering with excitement. I was going to get to spend time with my father and please the Emperor today.

I raced to the control room as we opened up fire at the Rebellion star liner. Their ship fell after only a few short rounds of artillery. Their found themselves outgunned and out manned as we boarded.

I entered the ship behind my father, my head held high. I used around the ruins of the ship, hoping to catch a fleeting glimpse of a rebel leader.

"Father, may I go out and look?" I asked as the clones departed down different hallways to search the ship from to to bottom. There wasn't an answer.

Then my father turned towards the last remaining clone. "Stay near her, Cody."

I cheered softly, running down a dark hallway, opening my senses to the presence of unwanted company. "This way." I hissed, and the clone followed silently.

We came to the far side of the ship, where there was one remaining escape pod. Empty. I heard a soft voice. "There you are." I whispered, grinning. I was going to capture a rebel.

A young woman stepped out from the shadows clothed entirely in white, her long lair done in two intricately braided buns. I immediately recognized her as the young Princess from Aalderan, Princess Leia, a founder of the rebellion. This was just too perfect.

I silently alerted my father, on both the force and by comm links. He before back. He was on his way.

"Hello, Princess." I drawled. She took a small step back, surprised by my presence. I wasn't quite sure if it was that she didn't think that such a commanding, authoritative voice could come from a little girl, or if she hadn't guessed that anyone was hiding in the shadows.

Then I noticed the two droids behind her. One was an R-2 unit, small and shaped like a cylinder, easy to fit in fighters, ready to prepare to make repairs in a moments notice.

The other was a golden protocol droid, cumbersome and slow moving. I laughed lightly as the pair tried to pick their way to the escape pod. I drew my lightsaber, the light blade glowing luminously in the dimly it corridor.

The second I heard the deep him off my father's respirator, I took off, thinking at the pod as the doors began to close. Something hit my ankle, belonging my to the floor. I rolled, rising to my feet, but it was to late. I had rolled inside the pod, and the door clipped shut.