t h i r t y - o n e

Start from the beginning

I try to keep up my soldier attitude when taking the stairs back down to the first floor but throw back on my usual attitude when my foot slips on a step. I'd much rather go down heroically than by a set of stairs.

Once I make it to the bottom of the stairs, I go on over to Glenn and Maggie. Ew. I got paired up with the love-birds. They have small smiles while waiting and watching me. Creepy. "Let's go," Glenn says, petting my head while turning to go back outside.

While we walk, eventually making it through the door that leads to the caged hallway sort of thing outside, Glenn and Maggie being side by side while I walk a little behind, I can no longer stand it. I refuse to be a third-wheel to this party. I push my way in between them, forcing them apart and me in the middle. "What the-?" Glenn stammers out. Maggie laughing at what I'd done, apparently taking notice to exactly what my intentions had been. Jeez. And I've known Glenn longer too.

"Sorry Seven, maybe you'll get a girlfriend some day," Maggie says with a smile. I can't tell if you're fuckin' with me or you're serious. "Or a boyfriend," She adds in slyly. WHAT?!

I stop moving and stare at her like a fish out of water, my eyes being completely blown wide. They both continue walking before noticing I'd left their side, simultaneously turning back to look at me and my flabbergasted reaction. They two apparently finding my reaction to be quite funny because they just start dying of laughter. Oh, fuck off. I regain my composure and roll my eyes at them.

I jog towards them, and even go past them to go fetch the remaining people of our group. Girlfriend? No. Boyfriend? Absolutely not. I shake my head and speed up until I'm in a casual run. This could alert the others, but Maggie and Glenn aren't too far behind.

I make it out into the courtyard and see the rest of my group worriedly chatting on the other side of the fence together. That is until they see me. A full-blown stream of flurried questions and panic are thrown my way Uh, hello~? I'm a dog! I can't answer anything unless its a yes or no. And most dogs can't even do that!

I simply just stare at them with a bored expression while they continue their assault of questions and panic onto me. Let me just stand on two legs and begin talkin'. Hold on, might take me a sec.

Glenn and Maggie jog on over to intervene once they hear the commotion, "Hey, hey, everything is all okay," Glenn tells. I never thought that the two people I'd be trying to avoid would come over and save my ass from a panicked mob.

"Great, actually. Y'all can come on in now. We have a place we can setup in one of the cell blocks," Maggie says as she continues to walk over to the gate that we'd previously took to get in here.

I follow after them, idly trailing behind. My tail sways limply from side to side, no real emotion can be seen in the way it moves. My head is low and feels very heavy, as does my eye lids wanting to shut in on themselves. It's like all the events of today and yesterday suddenly started hitting me. Taking over the field. Taking over the courtyard then a cell block. Those yellow eyes that refused me any sleep. I could sleep for a good while..

I glance off and away towards the forest, expecting to see a white creature but instead don't see anything. An odd feeling crashes over me at this. Why do I even feel disappointed? I don't gotta clue on what it was and it's intentions were while practically spying on my group. I stop at the gate with half-lidded eyes. I can feel Carl's excited gaze on me, though I choose to ignore it for a moment, wanting to complete my thoughts. Maybe it's because I wanna know what it is... I don't know. I sigh through my nose.

Glenn slides open the gate for them, they all are already carrying our supplies from the car.Carl instantly comes to my side to give me pets, "I'm sure you did a good job, Seven." I look up to him, my eyes widening some. I snort, and if I could laugh, I would. I can always rely on you to make me a bit more happy, squirt. I lick his hand with a small tired smile. Carl smiles back, we break the moment as we all walk together towards the gated hallway again.

Once we'd made our way inside, you could feel the high hopes souring throughout our group. This place is real promisin'. They look around with smiles and starstruck eyes. I also don't think most people pre-apocalypse would be this excited to be in a place like this. Who knew this would be such a great place once shit hit the fan? Okay. Probably a large sum, but whatever.

We walk into the actual cell-block part of the prison to see Daryl and Rick dumping the body off the railing, and landing flat against the floor. "What do you think?" Rick asks while walking down the stairs. Lovely. Didn't know prison came with complementary corpses.

"Home sweet home," Glenn replies sarcastically. Glenn, you should really learn some better sarcasm from me. My classes are from Tuesday to Thursday at 2pm, don't be late. I almost wink at him but without any context that'd be very weird.

"For the time being," Rick replies. T-Dog grabs the body's arms and starts to drag it out of the cell block. Some of the others disperse into pairs to find their cells they're gonna sleep in.

"It's secure?" Lori asks. Surprisingly,
it seems like it is. Felt too easy though.

"The cell block is," Rick replies professionally. Damn, where's the divorce papers?

I break off
from Carl's side and tiredly make my way up the stairs. I flop down on the catwalk and drown out and further noises, my eyes instantly closing. "I ain't sleepin' in no cage. I'll take the perch wit', Seven." I hear before what I assume is Daryl lying down next to me. I don't both to open my eyes, even when he pets me, for I can I already feel sleep's tentacles pulling me towards it.

With no further thought. I sleep.

———

Wooo! I did it. With nails that I tried to get off but failed. Also stayed up late to do it because- well, I graduated yesterday and don't have to wake up for school. Wooo! Go me!

OKAY now what you have been waiting for. Drumroll please for the announcement of the other dog's name and sex.

ITS A MALE!!
And his name is gonna be Milo!

I counted all the votes, and these are the results!

Now. The sex of the other dog will not hinder the prospect of puppies, so no need to worry about that if you were. If I wanna throw puppies in, trust me, I'll find a way.

Anyways, thank you for voting and reading!