"Well that was more eventful than I expected," I joked as we got off on the 7th floor.

"Yeah," Jungkook chuckled as he jogged to walk beside me.

As soon as we entered the intern office space, heads turned in our direction. I looked around curiously trying to figure out why everyone was staring at us.

"I didn't know you were popular, Jungkook-ah~" I teased with a slight shoulder bump.

"H-huh?! I'm n-not," he insisted as he seemed to grow embarrassed from the sudden attention, his ears turning pink. I giggled at his reaction, leaning against him to maintain my balance.

We finally make it back to Jungkook's desk and are greeted by an amused Taehyung.

"Oooh, playing hooky huh, Jungkook? I didn't know you had it in ya bro!" he said enthusiastically. I turned to look at Jungkook for an answer but he remained silent as he bit his lower lip.

"What are you talking about Tae?" I asked, waiting for an explanation to his earlier remark.

"He's usually never back this late from lunch," Tae informed, indicating to the youngest with a head nod.

"We were back before 1:30, so what's the big deal?" I shrugged as I folded my arms defensively.

"Look just because you get a longer lunch doesn't mean you gotta rub it in Jiminie hyung..." my dongsaeng pouted.

"Huh?"

"We only get 30 minutes for lunch," Tae elaborated as he rolled his eyes, revealing his annoyance at the rule.

"Wait...WHAT?!" I exclaimed when I realized that I had kept Jungkook out way past his allotted time. My gaze shifted back to him as I internally panicked.

"..."

"Jungkookie, why didn't you tell me?! I would've gotten us back sooner if I had known that."

"Ah...well...um..." he began, his mouth closing when he couldn't find any words. I gave him time to form a sentence, my hands resting on my hips while I waited patiently. "You l-looked really excited to go there s-so I didn't want to say anything. Plus I forgot a-about the time once we got t-there..." he stated, saying the last part quietly.

"Jungkook..." I muttered as I watched him fiddle with his sleeves. "I wouldn't want you to get in trouble because of me," I explained with a bitter smile, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, hyung," he assured.

"Well if your boss gets mad just tell him it was my fault. I'll take full responsibility, alright?" Jungkook simply nodded as he clutched his hands together in front of him. "So is that why everyone was staring at us all weird?" I questioned.

"What?"

"When Jungkook and I came in, literally everybody was staring at us!" I remarked as I glanced around.

"Oh, that's just because everyone is checking you out hyung," Tae explained with a laugh.

"W-what?!" Jungkook shouted with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Everyone knows who he is so they're all drooling over him like a bunch of omegas in heat," he mocked with an eye roll.

"O-oh...I didn't realize they were looking at me," I muttered as I combed through my hair shyly.

I wasn't keen on being the center of attention in that way, especially in front of my crush. I turned to meet Jungkook's eyes hesitantly, a little surprised by his reaction. We stared at one another awkwardly before he looked away, his gaze landing on the other interns as he poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue. The look on his face seemed to be a mix of irritation and...sadness? I didn't have much time to dissect his facial expression though because Tae spoke up from beside us.

My Cute Co-WorkerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara