♤ Twenty - Eight ♤

Dinner was delicious and the people are really nice and welcoming.

Now, Violet and I sit together in her room.
I am sitting on her bed, with criss crossed legs.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, as I notice her staring at me.
It is quite difficult to read her expressions, but I would describe it as confused.

But as always, she looks adorable just seemingly thinking about nothing in particular and staring into my soul.

Suddenly her head shakes violently and she rushes over to the bed and stands right in front of me.

My heartbeat increases incredibly fast when I have to look up to see her eyes watching me from above.

"I want to be honest, Y/N." She takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and when she opens them again, her cold metal hands take mine and she begins spilling the words.

"I already told you about my past. How I lost my first love and had to go on a long journey to know what love and the words 'I love you' really mean. Before I could develope the actual feelings towards my love, he died as you know." Another deep breath and the metal makes a few noises because she tightens her grip.

"What my point is, I never really realized how it feels to fall in love. Not being in love at first sight, but falling in love with the person more every second, minute or every thought you have about them."
Taking another deep breath, I notice the shivers running down my spine and her shaking breath.

"So I had to go through another journey about those feelings. The heart racing everytime I hear the name. Your name. Everytime I finally held another letter in my hand signed with your name. When I saw you again today, for the first time in weeks, I admitted to myself the feelings I have towards you. Getting over the loss of my first love was hard and it still is, even living with the guilt, that I fell for someone again now."

Tears trickle down her face and I softly push her away from me without taking my hands out of her grip. Now I stand up and we stand close to each other.

"Violet, I-" I start, but she shakes her head again.

"No, sorry to interupt, but I am not finished. I want to get this out in one rush. Please, let me do this."

Obviously, I respect that and just nod for her to continue.

"The time we wrote each other in the past weeks, I cried often and also visited his grave again. I apologized and told him everything. Everything I admire about you and the time we spend together.
I think....I hope...he forgives me. I really had loved him, but I am happy to get another chance with love."

A few seconds of silence pass. Even though I know she wants to say something more, I really want to talk now myself. Out of respect I wait.

"I....I like you. To say I love you is too big of a deal right now, since I don't even know your feelings for me, but I guess you know that I mean....liking as more than....friends."

Now sobs shake up her body. She was strong for too long and I really have to comfort her.

So I slowly retreat my hands and pull her into a hug. That's when I start talking.

"I am overwhelmed right now. But in a good way, I guess?" Her arms wrap around me now and our hug tightens while I continue my turn of spilling the feelings and emotions.

"I too have fallen for you. As you said yourself....it is quite the journey, thinking it leads to this point, I think it was worth it. Because I finally know, the feeling's mutual."

For now, I believe it is enough of talking and we just let the words sink in.

I rub along her back and her sobs have already quiet down when I was talking.

"Let's sit on the bed. Come on." I say and handle her with gentleness.

We sit and cuddle up on the bed, admiring the view outside the window right across the room and appreciating the others warmth.

"I like this." Violet mumbles and I smile at her statement. "Me too. I could stay like this forever." I say and Violet nods in agreement.

The sun goes down and her golden shine shows a beautiful picture. The light captures Violets wonderful features and I snuggle more into her sight.

The feelings are mutual.

Is all I can think about.

♤♤♤