♤ Twenty - Six ♤

"Violet told us, that you just graduated at the academy. Why didn't you visit your family first, before coming here?" Iris is a very direct person and I like her. She and Cattleya are really open-minded people.

I sigh, maybe a little too dramatic.
"Well, you see....my parents are still alive and I will definitely visit them, but...after they could finally get me to the academy, they never really stayed in contact with me. Once a month they send me some money. The only real letter I have ever received from them, was in the first week away from home. And it contained a few words about the money they would sent me and that I should have a great time."

I gulp down the sadness.

"Sometimes I went home in the holidays, but there wasn't much to come home to. I haven't felt welcome there since my first school year and that was ages ago. But they are still my parents..."

There is actually more to that, than just all of a sudden my parents losing interest in me. It started, when they noticed how I behaved.

They explained it was wrong to behave like that. "It is not ladylike", they kept saying.

The behavior I am talking about, is rather unusual in this world. At least, I haven't heard that any women could like other women.

"Mom? In school they say, I have to marry one day." That was the first thing I said, after I had my first time at the primary school.

For a long time, I was homeschooled by my mom, but when she had enough of my tantrums about other kids already going to a real school, I had the opportunity to go there too.

"Of course sweetie. That's what girls and women do in their life. They get married. What is your problem with that?" Today, I think, my mother really regrets asking that question.

"I don't want to only marry a man! I also want to marry a woman, when I like one!"

The shocked face of my mother startled me and from that moment on, we became more and more distant.

"Y/N? Everything okay?" Cattleya asks concerned and I suddenly snap out of my memories.

"Yes. Yes, everything is alright. How much longer will Violet be in the office?" I ask, to distract them and myself from my seemingly weird behavior.

Iris opens her mouth to answer, but I already hear footsteps behind me and the quiet and familiar noises of metal rattling.

"I am sorry I have kept you waiting. I am ready now." Violet appears beside me and I look up at her.

"I haven't seen the first floor yet. Would you like to show me?" I ask her.

She nods and I say goodbye to the two women.
As far as I know, after we are done here at the company, we will have to go to the Evergarden Residence, where I am allowed to stay at.

"Here on the first floor we just have the reception for the clients to send their written letters to ones destination."
Violet explains and therefore we are done with the tour around this building.

"Well, let's head to the residence." I agree and we walk down the streets in a comfortable silence.

♤♤♤