♤ Nineteen ♤

"Would you like to send something or do you want to pick something up?" The lady at the counter asks me. Since it is not the same woman from before, when I picked up the letter, she obviously doesn't recognizes me.

"I would like to send this letter away." I hand her my written letter, which is already secured in an envelope. She takes it and checks, if the addresses are on it. When she confirms everything, she puts the wax seal of the Academy on it.

"Alright, your letter is ready to be delivered."
I thank her and walk out.

I really just send the letter! My handwritten letter!

I already can't wait to receive another one from Violet. But first things first, I have to spend the time of the day with learning.

With a big and exhausted sigh, I make my way to the dorm.

On my way, I see Amy and her friends walking by. I notice her, but don't pay her any attention. She seems to be doing the same and I just hear a whisper from her, as soon as she walks behind me.

I can just role my eyes in annoyance.
Actually, it has been a few days, since she last did something bad or inappropriate towards me.
Some occurrences, like the one just happened, are "normal" and from time to time I got used to it. Eventually, I am not anxious around her, just really annoyed, since her behavior is kind of childish.

Before wasting any more time on thoughts about Amy, I decide to pick up my pace and finally walk through the door into my room.

◇◇◇

Days have gone by and again, I successfully took more exams. Well, just two, but only one of them might be a disappointing.

Not that it matters, if one, out of a bunch of exams and tests, is a complete fail.

As days went by, a letter hasn't arrived yet.

I am not sure how long my letter takes to finally being delivered at Violets and how long her letter takes to come into my hands.

Those questions can calm my impatience for these days.

Every day, I hope for something at the postoffice, but I gave up asking everyday.

In total, five days passed since I sent my letter. But only three days passed, since I asked at the postoffice.

"Miss L/N? Eyes on your paper. Cheating will not be tolerated at this exam!" The high-pitched voice of my history teacher shouted across the room and other students, including me, flinched at the sudden interruption of the silence.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am." My voice trembles a bit, still surprised.

In embarrassment, I remember, between all the daydreaming and thinking, I am currently sitting in my history class. In a silent room, filled with just a few noises like scrubbing the pencils on the paper and the low breathing of others around me.

Looking down on my wooden desk, the paper I am supposed to write my analysis on, is already half full.

Around two hundred and fifty words come to my sight. The last sentence is cut off and I know, it is because I started to overthink again. And I also know, I started that, because of a single word I have to use in my text, describing something.

Violet.

That is all it takes, to distract me and I could be angry at myself for that, since I actually should write more words right now.

I reread my last sentence and continue, while hardly having the strength to resist the thoughts in my head.

♤♤♤