"Lottie."

"Hmm" I say as I look up at him.

He smiles, "You're so beautiful."

"Stop being a flirt." I say, pushing on his chest lightly, trying not to distract myself by the now see through material clung to his skin.

Liam pushes the wet hair out of my face, "It wasn't a lie though. Your eyes are such a pretty colour."

"Your eyes are pretty too." I tell him as I look into his eyes, the swirls of green watching me with a soft expression.

"I do not have pretty eyes." Liam protests but I just laugh.

"Yes you do." I say, trying to convince him.

He rolls his pretty eyes at me and I laugh, still dancing around with him as the rain continues to come down on us heavily.

"You're very handsome if you prefer me saying that." I say to Liam and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"You really think so?"

I nod and lean back against his chest, "I do."

"I hope you don't mind I brought you out into the rain." Liam says as one of his hands finds my waist, holding me close to him as we sway in our slow dance.

I laugh, "It's fine. I've actually always wanted to run into the rain with someone."

"So have I. Never thought it would happen though."  He says, agreeing with me.

"It's usually only in movies or books."

"Yeah. I'm glad I took a chance to make it happen. I'm not sure what's going to happen when we go back inside, I may have put you in trouble, but I would dance in the rain again with you anytime." Liam says, watching me as I pull back and take both of his wet hands in mine.

I sigh with a content smile, looking down at my soaked clothes, "I can't believe I ruined my dress. And I don't even care."

"I'll get you a new dress." Liam offers and I shake my head.

"I have so many others it doesn't matter. But it was worth it anyway."

Looking back to Liam, glancing over his wet face, parts of his blonde hair sticking to his forehead. My eyes trail over his face, pausing on his wet lips, that turn up into a smirk as he notices me looking.

I flush and look back up to his eyes, "Wanna head inside?"

"Whatever you want Lottie." He says agreeably and I let go of his hands.

"Race you inside." I smirk before picking up the skirts of my dress and running towards the palace.

Liam takes a second to react, clearly not what he expected, "Hey!"

As much as I try to get away, he's at my heels in seconds because I'm not fast at all. Will grabs me when he reaches me and lifts me up.

"Liam!" I squeal, and he puts me down, facing me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I didn't want you to fall, it's slippery Lottie." He tells me and I just push pass him and continue to walk back to the palace, keen to get out of the rain.

"I'm perfectly capable of making it inside safely."

I hear Liam call out to me but I don't turn back,
"Why are you running away from me?"

Why? Maybe because you make my heart beat faster than usual and I don't know why. Or because you call me beautiful in that genuine way.

Or maybe because you wanted to run out into the rain and dance with me. That's so romantic.