Part 6: Companions

My name is (F/N) (L/N). When I was little, I had an imaginary friend. When I grew up, he came back. He calls himself the Doctor, and he has a blue box called the TARDIS that can travel through all of time and space. I ran away with him, and we've been running ever since.
--------------------
The Doctor couldn't help but smile. "Are you sure about that, (F/N)? Sometimes traveling with me can be dangerous...."

I looked up at him and smiled. "I know that you'll protect me."
He smiled a bit before it faded, and he looked away a bit. Then I thought of something that I should have thought of before.,

"Doctor, where did your other 'companions' go?"
He looked down. "Well (F/N), they either left, or I lost them...."
My eyes widened slightly. "W-what do you mean, 'lost'...?

He sighed and let go of me, walking back to the hexagonal control panel in the middle of the room. "Some were killed, others switched to a different dimension, some were captured and never seen again."

My eyes widened. He seemed so broken, so sad. He's lost so many people, some that he probably loved. Having lost both of my parents, I know how it feels. But losing many friends.... I couldn't even imagine that.

Tears came to my eyes as I walked over, and hugged him comfortingly. He hesitated a bit, before hugging me back. He rested his head on my shoulder, and after a bit I started to feel something wet there. I could feel him shaking a bit, and I realized that he was crying.

I rubbed his back in a soothing way as he cried into my shoulder. "It's alright, I'm here.... I'm not going to leave.... I promise....." I whispered to him as I closed my eyes, and leaned my head against his a bit.

After a few minutes, he pulled away and wiped his eyes, looking at me with a smile. "Sorry about that, (F/N)."
I smiled back at him. "It's fine, Doctor. I'm glad that you got your feelings out, you seemed to need to."

He smiled a bit more and kissed my forehead softly, then hugged me again. My cheeks turned pink and I hugged him back.

"I'll always be here for you, Doctor."