' I won't disappoint you lady Angelina. When I come back, I'll be even more powerful and be able to protect you.' Eric swore in his heart before confidently stepping inside the carriage.

As Angelina watched the carriage go farther and farther, she felt prouder with every passing second.

"Your grace."

Angelina turned around to face Serina. Serina made eye contact with her and pointed at the direction of Angelina's bedroom with her chin.

"...!" She understood almost immediately.

*************

Angelina entered her room quietly. It was currently unlit therefore the only source of light was the soft moonlight coming from the balcony.

The balcony doors were made of glass hence Angelina could see that there's a lonely looking figure on the balcony.

Once she opened the balcony doors, Angelina was met with a warm smile.

"Did you miss me, Lily?" A cold yet welcoming voice greeted her.

"Your majesty? I mean... Charles?" Angelina was dumbfounded. "Why... Why are you here?"

"Well... It's my birthday." His tone sounded happy yet sad...

"What... Oh. I'm sorry. I haven't recovered the memories of those years..." Angelina felt guilty.

"No no. It's alright. I understand." Charles smiled. But his disappointed smile only made Angelina feel even worst.

"What-what would you like for your gift? I'll be sure to get it!" Angelina quickly said.

"Lily does not need to give me anything. Just spending my birthday together with you is already the best gift you could give me." Charles held Angelina's hand while his other hand held a plate with a slice of cake.

"Do you not wish to come inside?" Angelina nervously retracted her hand.

"...." Charles looked down at his empty hand before answering, "no, here is alright." He sat down on the balcony floor.

"What? But isn't it cold here?" Angelina didn't agree but sat down with him anyway.

"We used to celebrate my birthday just like this. We would sit on the balcony and you would sing me birthday songs." Charles placed the plate with the slice of cake down.

' I sang songs for you? I sincerely apologize for having you hear such unbearable singing on your birthday... ' Angelina pitied Charles.

"Lily, can you sing me a song for my birthday? Any song would do, please?" Charles pleaded with eyes full of expectations.

"But I really do lack singing..." Angelina was reluctant.

"Please? For me, Lily's voice is the most beautiful." Charles claimed.

"Um... Fine. Prepare your ears for torture..." Angelina sighed defeatedly.

Angelina sang awkwardly to Charles. Her singing was so terrible that even she wanted to rip her ears off. But Charles looked extremely happy so Angelina continued to sing.

When it was finally over, Charles happily clapped his hands.

"Haha yeah..." Angelina tried to laugh off her embarrassment. She paused before adding, "Happy birthday Charles."

"Thank you, my dearest Lily." Charles's ears flushed red as he blew out the candles.

' It's been so long...' Charles thought to himself.

After he was taken away, Charles had to spend his birthday at lavish banquets, where the aristocrats would fight among themselves with words. They would wish him happy birthday, but Charles knew they didn't mean it. They only cared about themselves and he understood this well.

It was always the same cold, lonely birthday that would await him.

He desperately missed his Lilith.

He would even take a slice of cake out to the balcony of his room, and sing birthday songs all alone before blowing out the candles by himself, while trying to envision the smiling face that would sing for him.

But now... The person was right beside him....

His Lily is sitting right beside him...

It's no longer just a dream...

"Has anything big happend while I was gone?" Charles asked with a worried face.

"Well..." ' Evelina tried to frame me for having an affair, Carol died, Alice's brother was savagely murdered...'

Angelina explained everything that happens to Charles. She noticed that the more she spoke about the tragic events, Charles's face would darken.

" How dare she... Lily, I really want to lock that heartless woman up and kill her for you!" Charles professed with resentment and anger flashing in his sapphire eyes.

"That would be a nice show to watch but I would like her to die an even more painful death... I want her to suffer slowly..." Angelina sneered mischievously.

"Then I'll help you Lily! I'll be sure to let that woman suffer the cruelest death! Everyone who has hurt you will not escape." Charles planned wickedly with Angelina.

They laughed together before Angelina decided to mention something.

"What is it that you've been trying to tell me?"

"...." Charles naturally knew what she was speaking of. He seemed very hesitant, perhaps even scared...?

He's been trying to tell her something for the past months. But he ended up never gathering the courage. This caused Angelina to feel uneasy.

"I was unwilling to tell Lily about this because I knew Lily would be very upset. But Lily deserves to know..." Charles lowered his head down.

"It's about your parents Lily..."

"..." Angelina froze. She had always wondered who her parents were. She had almost no memory of her mother and absolutely no memory of her father.

"Your father... He abandoned your mother when you were merely a toddler." Charles tried to explain to her as slowly and gently as he could. He didn't want her to lose her temper.

"And?" Although she did feel a hard knock on her heart, Angelina was still calm.

"Lily... your father is Duke Skyler."

"...."