Gold rush

If you are a swiftie you would know why i chose this title. The story is finally moving forward. This chapter is from Nico's point of view.

Nothing much happened since I got out of the infirmary and Will invited me to table 7 for dinner. I have been sitting at his table ever since, though we don't talk much. To be honest, I miss being in the infirmary.

I miss having Will all to myself. And I miss having his attention.

I missed the warmth from the day he hugged me.

Now the only times I get to see him in the day are when I go to wish him good morning in the infirmary, and at mealtimes. I remember what Annabeth told me the day before she and Percy left.

The whole talk about letting go, and understanding myself more. She told me I didn't have the right to hate myself, nobody did (I remember my counsellor telling me this, and boy, that is good advice).

That girl has a way with words.

Even though I didn't necessarily follow her advice about talking to the campers, I tried to not stay in my cabin all day. I taught sword fighting just to pass time and spend the rest of the loitering around cabin 7 and waiting for mealtimes when Will would smile at me and tell his siblings to make a place for me at the table.

It was nice. It made me feel wanted, and I loved I found a home. And a family.

It had been approximately a week since Percy and Annabeth had left for the city. I was reading a book on my bed, which I had borrowed from the Athena cabin when I heard the ding of an iris message.

I put the book on the bed, open on the page, I was reading and searched my drawer for a drachma.

"no, let me tell him." Percy's voice came from the misty rainbow, making a wet mess in my cabin.

"Sit!" Annabeth told him, "you can tell him but don't jump or you'll cut the call," I heard Percy whine and move away so I could see him clearly. He looked no different from he did, with his sea-green eyes and the messy black hair. He was wearing a hoodie with the letters AHS written on it.

"hey," I mutter, kneeling, "what happened?"

Percy blinked like he hadn't noticed that I was there at all. "Oh hi. Nico. Nothing happened,"

"How are you, Nico?" Annabeth interrupted him. "we just wanted to check up on,"

"You said you would let me tell him!!!" Percy whined, cutting her. "It is my birthday. I should get to tell him"

I put my hands up for both of them to stop bickering. "hold on. Hi, Annabeth. I'm great. And Percy, your birthday is the day after, not today." I hope it wasn't creepy that I knew that, but if you crush on someone for years, you weren't likely to forget their birthday. And after the titan war prophecy, anyone would have a hard time forgetting when Percy's birthday was.

Percy finally gets in close enough to talk, and Annabeth gives up and sits behind him, "yeah I know. My mom is throwing me a birthday party since this would be the last year I'm living with her. It's kinda big. And I'm not complaining. So we wanted you to come."

"Well, it's also our anniversary," Annabeth cut in, "one year."

Percy looked at her for a minute too long, and we all knew he had forgotten. He quickly looked away from Annabeth to avoid her gaze.

"Yeah, Nico. So be ready. Its masquerade themes. I chose that. Nice right. It's in the gym of my school, my stepdad Paul, he got it. You probably know Paul. You saw him on my birthday a few years back, and we had that blue cake. I loved that. I wanted to have the same one this year as well. BTW my mom got married, cool right, before the titan war, you probably knew that. Oh, and I'm getting a new brother or sister. I don't know. My mom wanted to keep it a surprise so-"