Count On Me

Okayyy so, I did the best I could....constructive criticism is welcome.

Six people were screaming within a three-feet radius of me, and I'm pretty sure it is because of me. That and my limbs were tied up to the bed corners with badly torn bandages.

Right. That's probably because I tried to run away.

My eyes still are too heavy to open, and my throat is drier than ever. All I can hear are the surrounding voices overlapping and in intense discussion.

"How long are you gonna keep him like that?" says, whom I am pretty certain is hazel. Why is she here?

"Until I decide to. I'm the doctor he is my responsibility," will responds.

"We understand, but he has been asleep for days. How do you know when he will wake up? Or if he ever will?" I don't recognise the voice, but I decide I don't like them very much.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" Will screams, making me almost jump except that I physically can't move, "Why-Why would you say that? He will wake up. He has to,"

"Will I get it, but-" Annabeth tries to console him.

"you don't get it," he replies, "this isn't unusual. The first time he was at the infirmary because of shadow travelling, he was asleep for more than a day. Now out. All of you. I will inform you when he does wake up,"

There is a little murmuring and shuffling of feet, but soon there is torturous silence again. I wish they were all still here. It is comforting to know that I am not entirely gone alone.

I hear a snuffle and realise Will is still here. Of course he is. He probably doesn't trust me enough to leave me alone again, even though I am- well was unconscious. I attempt to squint open my eyes and see the blurry fan rotating above me.

"Will," I croak out, wishing my mouth didn't taste so bad. I can't see him very well, but I know he is aware I woke up. He dashes to my side and rapidly starts talking, "Nico- are you there? Can you hear me?"

All I can do is meekly slap him, without having the energy to reply.

I swear I can feel him smile, with the warmth in the room increasing. He leans forward and lightly touches his lips to my forehead and I pass out again.

There are only bare memories of what happened after I left the room, shadow travelling. I was about to go to my father's place when I realised I was still wearing the hospital gown over my shirt. With a desperate need for a change of clothes, I travelled to my cabin, and that's when I started hearing them again.

the voices.

pulling me deeper and deeper into a place I never wanted to see again.

I was too weak to push it off, and I felt someone's hands on my face and I could swear the room was glowing.

The next thing I know, I am back in the godforsaken infirmary again. I felt and saw nothing, that was until now.

When I hear will come back again, I am able to open my eyes fully, though my speech is still yet to return fully.

He sits by the side of my bed, with a tray full of food, and gives me a sad smile, "hey. Don't worry. This isn't for you," he points at the tray, "it will be awhile before you can eat again. I'm sure that makes you very happy,"

I try to laugh, but that hurts my throat.

Will's eyes are sunken and red. I wonder if he has been getting any sleep at all.

The Angel In The Sunजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें