15-Do We Like This Derrick?

Today is Thanksgiving. 

Every year we host thanksgiving. It's usually Dad, Brady and I. Noah, since his parents always go on a cruise during Thanksgiving week. My grandma, Aunt Peggy, Uncle Todd and their 7 year old daughter Meghan. 

This year however Derrick's family is joining us. Him, his mom, his dad and younger brother. 

Currently I am getting dressed. I put on a white dress with flared arms. The top of the dress knots in front of my breasts, and the dress come to my mid thy. I pair it with short white open toed heels. 

The one thing we all do is dress up. My mom loved when we did so after she died we continued to dress up for her. 

I straighten my hair and throw on a pair of earrings my mom got me when I was 11. 

Theres a knock on my door and Noah comes in. He is wearing a navy blue suit. He holding the tie around his neck. 

"Can you tie this for me?" he asks me as his cheeks turn a slight tinge of pink. I smile walking up to him. 

I pull the tie out of his hands and begin to tie it around his neck. His cologne hits me and I take a deep breath. 

Our close proximity is making my body heat up. 

I finish tying the tie and look up at him, still holding the tie. 

His eyes connect to mine and my breathing quickens. 

I clear my throat backing away, "All done." I say looking down at the ground. 

"Yeah thanks." he says softly before walking out. 

I really need to get him out of my head.

Smoothing down my dress I begin to head down stairs. 

"Oh don't you look beautiful." my grandma says pulling me into a hug.

"So do you grandma." I say looking down at her outfit. She has white dress pants on with a lavender blouse, and white sandals.

She turns to look behind me and she breaks out in a huge smile. Walking past me she goes and hugs Noah. Squeezing him as hard as she can. She then squeezes his biceps 

"Grandma." I whine and Noah laughs. I swear she does this every year.

"What Bailey? These muscles of his were made to be felt." she turns back to Noah, "Such the lady's man. Tell me Noah has my granddaughter finally tied you down?" both mine and Noahs eyes widen.

She seems confused, "What I heard you brought a date this year. I assumed it was this fine specimen right here." 

Noah coughs and my jaw drops, "No grandma he's is not my date tonight. Derrick and his family should be here soon." My grandma nods her head.

"So Noah do we like this Derrick?" I face palm myself.

I watch Noah as he tries to hold back a smile, "He's a good guy grandma, trust me if he hurts my Bails, Brady and I will hurt him."

My grandma smiles, "Good and call me too. I want in on that action." she fakes throwing punches in the air. Both Noah and I laugh.

The doorbell rings and dad opens the door. Aunt Peggy and her family step it. We greet them and they go sit in the dining room. 

Brady comes down the stairs in his black suit, I look at the bowtie and almost laugh. Every year he wears a clip on tie and every year grandma rips it off.

Derrick texts me that they arrived and I go and open the door. Melinda(Derricks mom) greets me first. She is wearing a dark purple dress and her dark brown hair is pinned back. Xavier(Derricks dad) greets me next, he's got on a black suit with a tie. Then Peter(Derricks brother) greets me. 

I take them into the dinning room where everyone else is. Dad sits at the head of the table. Brady and I both sit opposite next to him. Derrick sits next to me with his family next to him. Noah sits next to Brady, then Aunt Peggy sits next to him with her family next to her, and grandma sits at the other end of the table facing dad. 

"Lets all take turns saying something we are grateful for." Aunt Peggy says looking around the table. Her and Todd both basically say the same thing. They are grateful for their family. 

Meghan says she's grateful for her barbies and for her parents. 

Grandma says she is thankful for her family, Noah, hot actors and alcohol. 

Peter and his parents say they are grateful for their family and Derrick says he's grateful for his family and me.

Me?

Shit now its my turn to speak. Everyones looking at me waiting. 

I clear my throat, "I am grateful for my amazing dad. My brother, Aunt Peggy and Uncle Todd. Grandma. My best friend Delilah. My mom. Noah and of course Derrick." I smile letting out the breath I was holding. 

Dad says he's grateful for family and Noah who is like a son to him. Then its Bradys turn. 

"I am grateful for my friends." he mumbles. Then it's Noah's turn.

He sits up straighter in his seat, "I am grateful for you guys always treating me like family. To Mr.Johnson for letting me stay here when I needed it. For Brady for being my best friend. For Bails for always being there when I need someone." I smile at his words. 

We eat dinner and converse. Grandma grills Derrick about his life and what his intentions are. Eventually it gets late so Aunt Peggy and her family leave to the hotel with grandma. 

Grandma hugs me and whispers that she is silently rooting for Noah and I. She even gave us a ship name 'Boah.' Why you might ask because Nailey was already taken by her favorite couple on One Tree Hill

Yes I made my grandma watch One Tree Hill with me freshman year, and yes her favorite character was Brooke. Obv.

I walk Derrick and his family out to there car but Derrick stops me in the driveway.

I turn to look at him, "How close are you and Noah?" his jaw is clenched. 

"As close as someone you basically grew up with." I laugh but he doesn't find it amusing.

"Look there is nothing going on between Noah and I. We are not even friends." 

He nods his head, "He just seems to know a lot about you, and when he said for always being there for him."

I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose, "The only reason he knows so much is because he has been around since I was like 2. As for the whole needing someone, we talk. Just like how I talk to Delilah."

I watch as he thinks about it for a moment.

"Ok." he says leaning down and kissing me. He breaks away and gets into the car with his family. 

I walk back inside to see Noah and Brady standing there.

"What the fuck was that?" Brady asks me in an angry tone.

I look between him and Noah, "What?"

"You kissed him." he says clenching his fists. 

I nod, "Yeah that's what couples do they kiss." I roll my eyes. 

There's a flash of hurt that flutters through Noah's eyes when I say couple. Something inside me squeezes but I push it down.

Ignoring their glares and head up to my room. 

_____

Edited