37. Football and dinner nights.

Nandini

"Manik suniye toh.." I called out behind my husband who took long strides trying to get away as soon as possible. He abruptly stopped infront of our car and opened the passenger door for me, I pouted at him but when he glared, sat down in the seat groaning.

God save me!

"Manik. Aap gussa kyu ho rahe hai? Meri kya galti isme?" I held his forearm as he sat down on the driver's seat and reversed it, pulling out of the parking lot we soon headed to main road, heading back to Malhotra mansion. I kept my hand over his on the gears but pulled it back to my lap when he roared like a lion.

"Sorry." I whispered and looked out of the window. Angry monster. Jab dekho tab gussa!

"Look at me." He said and I peeked from the corner of my eyes to see his hand out infront of me as he tried to concentrate on the road. Making a bad face at him, I entwined our fingers knowing he'll give me hell for this, if I don't.

"Why are you getting angry at me? Was it my fault that he was flirting?" I pout at him. He takes a look at me and then took a deep breath. Pulling our entwined hands to his face, he kissed my fingers.

"I am sorry. It isn't your fault but I don't like it when people or more like men looks at you with those evil eyes and intentions. You are too pure for this world." He said keeping our entwined hands on his heart making me smile. I turn my body to his side and cup his face with my free hand.

"Manik. People are bad. We know that. But aap khud ka mood kyu kharab karte ho unki wajah se? Or aap ho na mere saath? To save me from this world? Just as I am your light in this world, you're my protector. My saviour. Hai na?" I push myself a little and kiss his biceps. He smiled at me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Yes. Humesha." His eyes twinkle with happiness, tightening his hold on my hand, he keeps our hands on the gears and stops infront of our house.

It was 4:30 in the evening. The whole day passed by with the NGO work. But I was relieved that most of the important paper work was done, remaining will be handled by my husband and dearest brother. And also, my husband had warned me that we are leaving for our honeymoon on Sunday night itself. Yep. Directly after our reception. When we parked our car, there were already two more cars parked. I smiled at the joy of seeing Fab3.

"I'll see how much you smile when Cabir opens his mouth. Then don't pout at me for saving you from his teasings." My husband said opening the door for me and leading me inside the house.

"You say that just because you're jealous!" I smirked.

"Me? Jealous? Cabir se? Huh! In your dreams wifey." He replied just as we entered inside the hall. Cabir and Mukti were fighting over something and Dhruv was trying to calm them down. Alya was trying some breathing exercises. I went to her tapped on her shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Please. Please. Manik. I beg you. Make them shut up. I'll kill them if they don't stop yelling." Alya glared at the bantering duo. Manik kissed Alya's head and stood in between Cabir and Mukti. Both of them shut up breathing heavily.

"What the hell is happening guys?"

"This idiot ate my favourite chocolate. The one you got for me from Paris." Mukti shouted pointing at Cabir. She roared loudly and went to hit him but Dhruv pulled her back and Manik pulled Cabir.

"I DIDN'T!" Cabir shouted back.

"Yes. You did! Liar!" Mukti shouted trying to hit him but Dhruv held her tightly. I stood in between them as Manik pulled Cabir away.