Just a Beginning

~Choi Eun Mi (Nurse Choi)

My lips formed a light smile as I walk near him. He was just at the corner outside of Lisa's room as if waiting to finally have a permission to get in.

"Why are you not getting in?" I asked that made him stood up quickly like he was surprised of my sudden talk.

"She wouldn't like it." He answered pursing his lips. I stayed silent for a second questioning to myself on why would Lisa won't like it if he gets in. I'm guessing they probably had a little quarrel just like other lovers.

"Is she alright?" He asked. I wasn't able to respond to him quicky as I don't know if I should pretend that I can't see Lisa or not.

"I know you can see her." He again speak. Lisa might've told him already.

"She was crying earlier but I guess she's alright now." I answered though I don't really know how Lisa is right now.

There was this awkward silence as if none of us knows how to talk. It also looked like we both wanted to ask questions yet no one dared to speak.
I started to look elsewhere as I waited for the awkward atmosphere to be gone. But as I turn my head, something or more like someone caught my attention. It's a spirit, but didn't look like a normal spirit that I see when a person dies.

"Wae Nurse Choi?" He asked making me looked at him wondering if he could see what I see.

"Do you see that woman?" I asked, but his expression tells me that he had no idea what I'm talking about.

"I thought you were able to see spirits?" I asked him.

"I can only see Lisa." He responded making me slightly puzzled. Although it's a question to me on why he's just able to see Lisa, I choose to ignore my curiosity.

I looked back to that woman again, but she was no longer there. Although she was really strange, I decided to not mind about her anymore.

"If you're not getting in, I will leave you here. It's time for me to check on Lisa." I politely said to him while he just plastered a weak smile and nod at me.

"Ah maja. Should I tell her you're here?" I asked before I could turn the door knob.

"Ani. I think it would be better if she doesn't know I'm here." He said trying to smile as he lowers his head. With his actions, I could really tell he's more than just a nice man. He knows how to consider Lisa's feelings and he knows how to respect her opinions and decisions. I honestly feel relieved that somehow, I know he's going to take good care of her.

When I got in I saw Lisa staring at her body. I noticed how she quickly wiped her tears as if wanting to hide it from me. I could really tell that something odd is going on.

I was slightly startled when I turn my head and saw Tzuyu seating silently at the couch. She was playing with her fingers with her head down. If I'm going to judge what I see right now, it looks like Lisa and Tzuyu had an argument.

I really wanted to ask what's going on between them, but I just couldn't do it. Their silence is making me uncomfortable and awkward, but I didn't want to intrude either. I first exhaled deep before deciding to just try to ignore awkwardness. I pretended to be just the usual acting like I couldn't feel the odd atmosphere around.

"Lisa-yah, have you told Tzuyu about your vacation in Daegu?" I asked when I finished doing my checking. They both looked at me like they weren't expecting that question. Tzuyu cleared her throat while Lisa pursed her lips. I shouldn't have asked that question.

"I haven't yet." She uttered in a soft voice.

'What's going on? Did they really had a fight? Did Tzuyu scold Lisa too much?' I asked myself getting worried about it.