Xael's tail wrapped over her legs; all she had on was a large tshirt and undies but the thsirt was almost to her knees. Without saying anything, Xael got up and went back to bed.

'Babe?'

'I need to rest more.'

'You still want the broth?'

'Yes, thank you.'

"Xael?"

"She's fine Grams, just going to rest, I'll take the broth to her."

"Mn!"

Skylar and Adam talked some more when Adam's phone began ringing. He rushed to the bedroom to get it.

"Hey bro! How's it going?" Not wanting to bother Xael, Adam took his hoody that was on the floor and gently closed the bedroom door. While in the living room talking on the phone, he quickly scented the hoody for her.

The call didn't last long and Adam went to take the hot cup of broth to his Mate. Xael downed the hot liquid in no time and laid back down, Adam put his hoody over her and went to the kitchen.

"Hey Grams, Beau and Minh want to know if they can stop by for breakfast?"

"Sure! Oh, will Xael be okay with that?"

"She's out again. Downed the broth and zonked right out. I'll be back in a bit, I'm going to go and lay with her. I think when he kicked her off while fighting, he might have hurt her more than she thought."

"Okay dear."

Back in the bedroom, Adam undressed down to his boxers and crawled into bed. Xael didn't move so Adam was the one that had to snuggle up to her. His hands on her stomach, he closed his eyes to work on giving his Omega healing energy.

'Thank you Adam'

'How you feeling babe?'

'Like shit, not gonna lie.'

'I figured as much since your ears and tail are out. Where's it hurting the most?'

'Hips.'

Placing his hands on her hip, something felt off.

"Babe, I need you to stand up, something's not right."

Xael was slow to move and winced when she stood in front of Adam between his legs, placing his hands on her hips, he furrowed his brows.

"Turn facing the bathroom."

With her back now to him, Adam placed his hand between her shoulder blades and firmly pressed, dragging his hand down her back. Midway, Xael yelped loudly in pain, her back was out again.

"Shit..."

"What is it?"

"Your back is screwed up, um...just stand there. This might hurt."

"Okay."

Taking his thumbs, Adam massaged deep into the muscle and tissue on either side of her spine. Instead of hurting, it actually felt good to the point that she started to purr.   That was until he reached her lower back and with another yelp, her knees buckled but he was able to catch her.

More firm massaging and her spine and hips were back in alignment, Xael relaxed as Adam quickly helped ease her discomfort.  He placed her back in bed and made sure she was comfortable.

"Rest, I'll wake you up for lunch. Are you going to want real food?"

"No. I don't want cooked food."