Soldiers were all around the field, running frantically with weapons drawn. 

"Leo, where is Annabeth?" I asked quickly. 

"Percy, thank goodness that you're okay. Your earpiece went out, and that freakin scared us," Leo exclaimed. 

"Leo, stop wasting time," Thalia shrieked. "Perce, Annabeth is in the main building close to your location. The building is labeled #1." 

Thalia continued talking, but I couldn't hear because a second explosion rocked the lands with a vengeance. I lost my balance from the vibration but caught myself. 

I quickly leaned against the wall with my gun in my hands. 

While the soldiers were distracted, I ran towards the main building. I steered around the side of the building while shooting a few soldiers that were coming at me. My mind was racing, but my actions were smooth and coordinated. 

I was trained to do this job, and I knew how to stay in control and fight.

Two soldiers suddenly tackled me. I quickly rolled over and kicked one soldier as I got up. The other soldier kicked the gun out of my hand. 

It didn't matter, though, because I was quick to grab his shoulder and pull him down. My knee struck his head harshly and he crumbled. 

I ran towards the main building and smashed the nearest window. 

I launched myself into the room. It was a storage closet close to the front of the building. Soldiers were pounding against the door. 

My breathing was heavy as my eyes scanned the room. 

Then, I saw her. 

Wise Girl was laying on the ground with a heavy wooden shelf crushing her right leg. Her blonde hair was spread around her as her hands fidgeted with a fire extinguisher. 

"Annabeth," I exclaimed as I rushed over to her. I dropped to my knee as I crouched next to her and embrace her. I was so glad to see her. 

Tears sparkled in my eyes as she hugged back. 

Gods, she was so beautiful and so strong. She figured this out all on her own. 

"Seaweed Brain, I'm stuck. The shelf is too heavy," she said quickly. I immediately went to move the shelf, but Annabeth was right. It was way too heavy to lift off of her. 

"Seaweed Brain, move, I'm doing this," Annabeth shouted. 

Suddenly, bullets started flying through the closed closet door. They were firing through the door, so we didn't have that much time. 

I quickly moved out of the way and fired at the door. 

Annabeth placed the fire extinguisher underneath the shelf, next to her leg. Then, she pulled the pin. The extinguisher exploded much more forcefully than it should. Clearly, Wise Girl had manipulated it to be powerful. 

Annabeth screamed as she pulled her leg away. 

The extinguisher had given just enough leverage for her to break free. 

I ran forward and wrapped my arm around her waist. I quickly dragged her behind another shelf as I continued firing at the soldiers coming into the room. 

Annabeth was clutching her leg as her face constricted in pain. There was a gnarly and jagged slash across her thigh. 

"Wise Girl, shoot at them," I exclaimed as I handed her my gun. 

"Seaweed Brain-" 

She didn't have time to finish because more soldiers were shouting and running into the room. I was glad that we were covering behind a strong thick shelf.