29. ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ

"I thought I'd change it up a bit."

The assassins climbed out of the sports car and Thalia sighed whilst looking in the mirror fixing her newly dyed hair then she fixed her shirt

The assassins climbed out of the sports car and Thalia sighed whilst looking in the mirror fixing her newly dyed hair then she fixed her shirt. She placed sunglasses on her face as she spotted Bucky doing the same, hearing music blasting from the dock. They both grabbed one dish of the two sharlotka apple pies Thalia made.

They walked towards the dock and Sam's nephews ran up to Bucky pretending to punch him as Bucky moved to the side pretending to be hurt while balancing the sharlotka, knowing Thalia would kill him if he dropped it.

Thalia walked away from the boys and spotted Sarah cutting something. "Sarah, love!", Thalia shouted excitedly and of course flirty.

Sarah looked up from the grill and smiled, Thalia placed the sharlotka down next to the other one Bucky had placed on the table. Thalia hugged her tightly and spotted Sam giving her a death stare over Sarah's shoulder, she just stuck her young out at him.

"How have you been, love?", Thalia asked as they pulled apart and she sat down. "I've been great", Sarah said back while cutting up the food she previously was doing.

"How are you doing, Lia?", Sarah questioned as she looked over at her. "Umm-, I think I'm doing great, I'm really happy right now, so that's good."

"And the boys?", Thalia questioned while spotting Bucky, Sam, and his nephews playing. "They miss you, they keep on asking for Aunt Lia", the women chuckled.

"I brought some Sharlotka, it's basically a Russian apple pie but quite different. I thought you all might like it, and maybe wanted to try something new", Thalia explained as she showed Sarah the dessert.

"It looks delicious", Sarah said as she asked more about the dessert. The two happily talked for a while till Thalia left and went over to Sam's nephews.

"Hey, boys. Miss me?", she said as they looked over at her then tackled her in a hug. They all fell but Thalia took most of the fall. She groaned as they got up.

"Of course we missed you, Aunt Lia! Hey, can you continue to show us your cool knife flips?",
AJ said excitedly and a little bit loud as Sam looked at Thalia dangerously.

Thalia just gave him a sheepish smile and shrugged, "I mean, sure why not. But remember we have to be very careful or we'll hurt ourselves. I sure don't want another sliced hand", she said pointedly at Cass.

The last time they practiced the knife slipped from the hands of Cass and if it wasn't for Thalia catching it on time he would've lost a toe. When Thalia caught it, it sliced her hand, even though it didn't hurt her, she still didn't want anything to happen.

꧁꧂

When it was time to eat everyone sat down and started eating. Thalia looked to see Bucky talking to Sam with a smile, she smiled happy to see him opening up. "You okay?", he asked softly as she looked at him smiling.

"Perfect", she said smiling widely as he leaned down and pecked her lips. "Ewwww!", Thalia heard AJ and Cass shout making her laugh looking at them as they made puking faces, she grabbed Bucky's face and planted kisses all over it as Sarah, Sam and Bucky laughed.

Soon quite a bit of people left and on their way they complimented Thalia on her sharlotka, some stayed though. Thalia spotted Sam looking at the sunset.

She walked towards him, "Hey, Sam, I wanted to say thanks", she said looking at him. "For what?", he asked confused and turning his head towards her.

"For not only believing I could do good but also being my friend", she said smiling at him as he smiled softly back at her.

"We're your family too, you know that, right?", he asked her as her eyes watered at the word 'family'. "You know, Nat would have been so fucking proud of you, even though you rarely saw each other and fought, she still would've been so proud.

A tear rolled down her cheek as he said that, "And I never took you for a ginger", he gestured towards her new hair as they laughed. Bucky walked up to them, he placed his hand on her back. They all just stood there for a moment, admiring the sunset as all the colors shone exquisitely.

"Come on, I want more of whatever you brought. That shit is good", Sam said as he walked away. Thalia laughed and shouted after him, "IT'S SHARLOTKA!"

"Dumbass", she said shaking her head at him, Bucky laughed as she continued to curse Sam.

"I love you, Lia", he said as he snaked both arms around her waist. "I love you too, James", she smiled up at him, a smile which he returned.

She placed a hand on his cheek, leaning her face closer to his. He pulled her closer with his arms as their lips connected in a soft, blissful kiss that somehow felt more special than the last time they kissed.

Slowly, they both pulled away, as they allowed some space between them. Bucky smiled again as she faced outward towards the water. He placed a delicate kiss on the top of her head, gently squeezed her waist, then grabbed her hand and lead them to the group of people.

"You know Zemo and I had a bet on when you two would get together", Sam chuckled at the pair who gave him a deadpan stare, "Y'all are adorable."

"You know Sam, sometimes I want to punch you in the face just for the hell of it, but at the moment I think I might just do it", Thalia said with a smirk.

Sam's eyes grew wide as he ran away from her whilst holding his plate of sharlotka, Thalia escaped from Bucky's grasp and ran after him.

"It's times like these where I question my relationship with them both", Bucky's said to Sarah as she nodding in agreement, hearing Sam's shout.

A/N: 1 more chapter to this book, I can't believe it. Also if anyone wants to make a book cover for this please do and show me, I will most likely use it and give credit. Also what's your favorite marvel movie or series?