15. ᴛᴜʀᴋɪsʜ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛ

"i probably would've done it if he hadn't."

"Well, the Wakandans are here

"Well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo. Bought us some more time", Bucky announced while coming back from his walk.

"Were you followed?", Sam asked him, as he sat on one of the stools at the island in the kitchen.

"No."

"How can you be so sure?", questioned Zemo who stood by the window looking outside.

"Cause I know when I'm being followed", Bucky responds back at him.

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least", Zemo said.

Sam gave him a side look, "Hey, you shut it! No one's defending you. You killed Nagel!"

"I probably would've done it if he hadn't", Thalia grumbled from where she was laying face down on the floor in the middle of the room, in a starfish pose.

They all looked at her slightly concerned for her mental health at the moment, "Ты в порядке, Долл?", Bucky questioned with a hint of worry and not even noticing that a nickname slipped out. Thalia just gave them a thumbs up not bothering to move.

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?", Zemo said placing a cup down beside Sam. "There's nothing to litigate, you straight shot the man", Sam said shaking his head whilst looking at Zemo.

"Sam, Lia", Bucky said and Thalia got up and walked over to him spotting a phone in his hand.

"What?", Sam said as Thalia looked at Bucky quizzically.

"Karli bombed a GRC supply depot", he said looking down at the phone. "What? What's the damage?", Sam asked as Thalia continued to listen.

"Eleven injured, three dead."

"Fucking hell", Thalia rubbed her face with her hands as she groaned.

"They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met", Bucky continued.

"She's getting worse", Zemo stated making Thalia look at him, "Thanks for the commentary, Zemo", she said sarcastically.

He ignores Thalia, "I have the will to complete this mission, do the three of you?", he nodded towards them as Thalia sighed.

"She's just a kid", Sam told him as Thalia made her way around the island to stand by Bucky and pour a drink.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there", Zemo said. "You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a super-soldier will always trouble people. It's the warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers."

"Hey, those are our friends you're talking about", Sam said in all seriousness.

"The Avengers, not the Nazis", Bucky clarified.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her", Sam tried and Thalia walked away from them and sat on the couch.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path", Zemo said as Thalia looked and warned him, "Careful, Zemo."

"She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her", Zemo paused, "Or she kills you."

"Maybe you're wrong, Zemo", Thalia said shaking her head, they looked at her, "The serum never corrupted Rogers."

He tilts his head at her, "Touché, but there has never been another Steve Rogers, has there?"

Bucky starts to move away from them, "Well, maybe we should give him to the Wakandans right now", Bucky suggests as Thalia nodded her head agreeing.

"And give up your tour guide?", Zemo asked him.

"Yes."

"From my understanding, Donya is like a pillar of the community, right?", Sam asked making Thalia shrug her shoulders. "So, when I was a kid, my TT passed away", Sam began as Thalia squinted her eyes at the unfamiliar word.

Bucky hesitantly looked at Sam, "Your- Your TT?

"Yeah, man. My TT."

"Who is you TT?"

Sam rolled his eyes, "Fine. When I was a kid, my aunt passed away and the entire neighborhood got together for a ceremony. It was like a week-long."

"Maybe they're doing the same thing for Donya", Sam suggested as Thalia nodded. "Worth a shot", Bucky said a little loudly.

"Your TT would be proud of you", Zemo said, "Turkish delight", he tossed the candy to Sam and one to Thalia. "Irresistible."

꧁꧂

"Shame what's become of this place", Zemo commented as they walked down an outside area among a building. "When I was young, we used to come here for fabulous dinner and parties. I knew nothing of the politics of the time, of course, but I remember it being beautiful."

People lifted big barrels, moving them around whilst kids ran around playing.

"I'm gonna take a look upstairs", Sam said, looking up at the building. "See what you can find. And keep an eye on him."

"I'll stay out of your way", Zemo held his hands up slightly and Bucky looked at him with his signature stare.

Thalia walked always from Bucky and towards a couple, "Do you know where Donya Madani is?", she asked them as they stayed quiet.

Thalia spotted fear in their eyes so she backed away from them and stood by the entrance. She spotted Zemo place a stool in front of the group of kids and dumping candy on it. She squinted her eyes at the interaction between the little girl and Zemo. She felt Bucky and Sam walk up beside her as she kept her attention on the two.

"It's starting to feel like a dead-end", Sam sighed as they all watched Zemo.

"The hell is he doing?", Bucky asked frowning and they spot Zemo get up and speak to them then give them the rest of the candy.

He begins walking towards the three and shrugged, "Cute kids", he said walking past them.

Thalia glanced at the kids who were sharing the candy among themselves and turned to face the boys.

"Somethings not right. I don't like this", she said as she looked back at the kids once more.

"I know, me either", Sam nodded agreeing with her. "Let's just go back", Bucky said as he started walking away.

Sam and Thalia looked at each other then walked back to Zemo's place.

Ты в порядке, Долл? - Are you okay, Doll?

A/N: update, also when do you think Thalia and Bucky will kiss?