13. ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʀᴜᴍ

"shh, shh, shh."

When they finally made it to the shipping containment area they started walking around

When they finally made it to the shipping containment area they started walking around. "Madripoor could give New York a run for its money", Sam spoke up as they kept looking for the containment.

Thalia stopped in front of a row of containers, "He should be in this one", she pointed at the container with her handgun. "Container 4261. Here, everyone get an earpiece in case we get separated", she outstretched her hand.

Sam opened the door of the container and Bucky looked over Thalia's shoulder; it seemed to be empty.

"Hey Thalia, you sure this is the right one?", Sam asked Thalia as he looked around.

"Positive. It has to be."

Zemo started walking to the end of the container and ran his hand over the wall. He pressed his hands against it and a secret passage opened for them to step in.

Sam, Bucky, and Thalia all fixed their guns and made their way into the laboratory. There was music playing loudly from a recorder that sounded through the whole container.

They saw a man hunched over his desk transferring some sort of liquid into a test tube. Sam removed the needle off the recorder, which made the man turn around abruptly.

"Doctor Nagel?", questioned Sam.

"Who are you? What do you want?", the man asked.

"We know you recreated the super-soldier serum."

"Get out of my lab!", Sam tried to stop him, but Nagel did that on his own when his eyes fell on Bucky, who was giving his signature glare at him while leaning on a machine with his arm around Thalia's shoulder as she smirked.

"You know who they are, right?", asked Sam following his gaze, "This is Baron Zemo", he turned Nagel to face Zemo. "I know you've heard of him, too, right? You seem like a pretty smart guy", he said dragging Nagel, "So, you better become conversational real quick", and pushed him roughly on a metal grate.

"How about a counter proposal?", suggested Nagel, "Make me a better offer and I'll talk." Thalia tilted her head at him with narrowed eyes.

Bucky caught Nagel by the collar, dragged him, and threw him into a chair. Nagel started to ramble about random shit so Thalia decided to take things to another level.

In one swift move, Thalia was now straddling Nagel's lap, put the tip of her gun on his mouth, and told him in a soft voice, "Hey, hey. Shh, shh, shh" she said while smirking.

The boys were now very confused but went along with it, not wanting an angry Thalia after them. "I've heard of your work doctor, but also your life. It'd be very lovely to see Olivia later on today, don't you think?", Thalia laughed maniacally as the doctor's eyes grew wide.

"I might just have a little lovely chat with her, you know? Have a couple of drinks, go clubbing, the normal. Then bang!", Thalia pointed her gun towards the ceiling and shot it.

Nagel jumped while looking at the hole in the container, "A single shot is all it would take for your lovely redhead to go bye-bye", she said the last part with a pout.

"It'd be such a shame, she is beautiful. Her long silky red hair that always flows in the wind, as if they're one. Her light brown eyes that always seem to captivate everyone due to their warmth, like hot chocolate. Her soft, soft skin that's a lovely shade of tan. Her freckles that dance across her cheeks and nose. Her cute little button nose that scrunches when she's laughing. Her perfect full lips that mold so perfectly with everything. Don't forget about her smile, oh that smile, it's breathtaking. And her personality is amazing, she's funny, smart, and so much more."

"Now Doctor, how'd you get a hold of the serum?", she questioned as she got off his lap and stood next to Bucky who was looking at her in awe as the man started talking.

"Okay, okay", he started talking, "I was brought into Hydra's Winter Soldier program to pick up their work after the five failed test subjects in Siberia", Nagel glanced at Bucky, "When Hydra fell, I was recruited by the CIA", he turned to Thalia, "They had blood samples from an American test subject with semi-stable traces of serum in his system", Thalia glanced at Sam knowing who the subject is, "After much labor, I was able to isolate the necessary compounds in his blood", Nagel looked over at Sam, "I was a god. I did what no other scientist since Erskine was able to do. But mine was going to be different. No clunky machines or jacked-up bodies, mine was going to be subtle, optimized, perfect."

"How have we never heard about this?", Sam asked shaking his head.

"Because", Nagel turned to Thalia, "Before I could complete my work, I turned to dust. Then when I returned, it was five years later, the program had been abandoned. So, I came here. The Power Broker was more than happy to fund the recreation of my work."

"How many vials did you make?", Sam questioned the man.

"Twenty", Sam's expression cleared and Thalia clenched her jaw. "Karli Morganthau stole those so", Nagel shook his head, "I can only imagine what the Power Broker has planned for the poor girl."

"Where's Karli now?"

"I don't know where she is. But a couple of days ago, she called and asked if I could help someone named Donya Madani. The poor woman has tuberculosis. Typical of overpopulation in displacement camps like that."

"Well, what happened to her?"

Nagel shrugged, "Not my pig, not my farm."

"Is there any serum in this lab?", asked Bucky, speaking for the first time they got here.

Nagel didn't look at him and smirked at Sam. Bucky placed the muzzle of the gun to his forehead making him take a deep breath, "No."

"Now what?", asked Bucky, removing the gun from his head.

Suddenly Zemo drew a gun and shot the doctor in the chest making him fall dead to the ground.

"No!", was all Sam screamed as he pushed Zemo back against the wall and Thalia immediately disarmed him.

"What the fuck did you do?!", Thalia shouted in outrage as there was blood everywhere.

Thalia quickly turned around and walked back to Bucky but at that moment an explosion went off sending them flying back.

They all grunted as they hit the floor hard, Thalia slowly rolled of Bucky as she muttered a quiet apology.

"You alright?", he asked her to which she nodded.

"Anybody see Zemo?", coughed Sam.

"No", replied Thalia and coughed as Bucky got to his feet and lifted her up by her waist, "That son of a bitch."

"Let's go", said Bucky as he helped Sam up.

A/N: first chapter of the day

A/N: first chapter of the day. I might do another one.