14. sʜᴏᴏᴛ-ᴏᴜᴛ

"please, boys, not now."

They quickly made their way outside and loaded their guns, Bucky looked at them, "All right, wait for my signal

They quickly made their way outside and loaded their guns, Bucky looked at them, "All right, wait for my signal."

But Sam already shot at the bad guys before he ran. "Damn it!", Bucky exclaimed as he looked where the gunshot came from.

He fired at some of them as Thalia followed him, "YOU LIKE LIVING HERE?!", Sam shouted at her.

Thalia shot a man, "It's not terrible", she smiled at Sam.

Bucky's bullets went low and suddenly a bullet flew towards them but Thalia shot the bullet with her own so it didn't hit them.

"I thought we were gonna go left?!", Bucky shouted at Sam, ducking in front of him.

"YOU WENT THE WRONG WAY!", Sam shouted at him over the gunshots.

"I WAS CLEARING THE WAY!", Bucky shouted back at him.

"I CAME OUT FIRST! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW ME!", Sam argued.

"AND WHERE ARE WE NOW?!"

"Please, boys, not now", Thalia groaned as she continued firing.

"THIS IS A BARRICADE!"

"ITS IN EVERY ACTION MOVIE!", Sam screamed at Bucky disbelieving.

Thalia's gun ran out of bullets so she grabbed her dagger and ran forward at the 15 men that were still shooting. She started to fight each of them till they were dead, but it looked like she was dancing from where Sam and Bucky were.

She threw the dagger in the shoulder of the last man standing, ran forward, and jumped on his shoulders while her legs crossed around his neck choking him and brought him down to the floor, and broke his neck.

As silence rang for a while Sam broke it, "You couldn't have done that earlier?", he said as he turned to face her.

"I hate you", Thalia muttered, glaring at him. A large cylinder in the center of the barge exploded after a gunshot m. They saw Zemo taking out a few men that just ran over.

Thalia and the boys started running the other way. There were gunshots everywhere as the three searched for an open container to hide in. But on their way, they met a group of people who immediately started shooting at them again.

Bucky quickly grabbed a metal pipe and hit one of them unconscious, before he threw it through the other one's shoulder pinning him against the container.

As they had all entered the container Bucky was breathing heavily. Thalia walked up to him and placed her hands on his cheeks making him blush "Hey, it's alright. Breathe, just breathe", she tried to calm him down.

The man looked at her and nodded while closing his eyes and calming down just at her touch and voice. "Okay, come on", Thalia got on her tiptoes and kissed his forehead then left to open the other side of the container.

Sam watched the whole interaction while smirking, knowing those two had something. "Let's go man", he clapped Bucky on the shoulder and going to the other end of the container that Thalia had opened.

They heard a car approach them fast as Zemo came into view, "Supercharged", he grinned and shrugged.

"You're going back to jail", said Sam pointing a finger at him. "Do you want to find Karli or not?", the man asked him annoyed.

"He's right. We need him. And there's three of us and at least 20 of them", Bucky sighed as he opened the car door.

"Fine. But if you try that shit again-", Sam pointed his finger at the man as he held the door open for Thalia to hop in.

"Wouldn't dream of it", Zemo smirked.

"You're not gonna move your seat up, are you?", Sam asked Bucky as he leaned his head annoyed to the side.

"No", Bucky shook his head.

꧁꧂

"Donya Madani, she's a refugee, yeah", Sam spoke on the phone to Torres. Thalia, Sam, Bucky, and Zemo were back on the plane. Thalia was currently asleep cuddled into Bucky's chest as the boys talked, but not loud enough to wake her up. "Okay, call me if you get a hit. Thanks, Torres", Sam sighed and collapsed into the seat across the other two.

"Is she alright?", Sam questioned Bucky while looking at Thalia. Bucky nodded, "Yeah, just tired."

"You okay?", this time Bucky asked Sam. "Yeah. Just thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through. And Nagel referred to the American test subject like Isaiah wasn't even a real person", he sat up in his chair.

"Just makes me wonder how many people have to get steamrolled to make way for this hunk of metal."

Bucky looked at him, "Well, it depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives."

Thalia whimpered a little and tightened her hold around Bucky's waist as he immediately started running his hand through her hair, after a couple of seconds she relaxed again.

Sam looked at Thalia's sleeping form that was still curled into Bucky's chest and continued talking, "Yeah, I get that. All right. Maybe I made a mistake."

"You did", Bucky simply replied to him. "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have put it in a museum. I should've destroyed it", Sam said as he looked at the man.

Bucky looked up at him again, "Look, that shield represents a lotta things to a lotta people, including me. The world is upside down and we need a new Cap, and it ain't gonna be Walker. So before you destroy it, I will take it from him myself."

They stared at each other for a moment and broke it off when Sam answered his phone. Zemo came in with two plates of food and handed each to Sam and Bucky.

"They found Madani", said Sam after ending the call, "She died in Riga, a city near the Baltic Sea."

"I have a place we can go", announced Zemo, "I, for one, am looking forward to coming face to face with Karli. Ozenik, we're changing the course."

꧁꧂

"I heard what became of Sokovia", said Zemo as he led the trio down the street, "Cannibalized by its neighbors before the land was clear of rubble, erased from the map. I don't suppose any of you bothered to visit the memorial."

"Of course not. Why would you? We are here", he told them.

"I'm gonna go for a walk", Bucky suddenly said from behind them.

"Ты в порядке, Зима?", Thalia asked as she scrunched up her eyebrows in concern.

"Yeah, I'll be alright Lia", he said shooting a reassuring smile at Thalia, "I'll see you guys in a bit."

Ты в порядке, Зима? - Are you okay, Winter?

A/N: back with another chapter