1. THE NEWS

- • - edited - • -

"natasha's dead."

"Tag, you're it," Laughed five-year-old Natalia Romanova while tagging her four-year-old sister

Thalia Romanova groaned in annoyance and picked up her running speed, "Slow down, Nat."

Thalia giggled when she finally got her sister, they both were playing a game outside in their backyard while their parents watched from inside the house.

"I'm going to get you, Lia! Yeah, you better run." Natalia managed to get out through her fit of giggles.

"You'll never catch me." Thalia laughed while running inside the house to escape from her sister.

As they ran inside, Natalia tackled Thalia to the floor, accidentally knocking over a glass vase. As soon as it crashed, their parents came running in, looking at what happened with disappointed faces.

"Which one of you did it!" The father hissed out, his shout echoing.

The siblings both scrambled up as Natalia slowly put her hand up, a way of saying it was her. The elder Romanova sister never liked it when her younger sister got in trouble, it always made her feel guilty.

"NATALIA ALIANOVNA ROMANOVA, WHY YOU LITTLE-"

꧁꧂

Thalia Romanoff shot up with a gasp, her breathing ragged and abnormally fast. She turned her head to glance at the clock on her bedside table, it read 4:37 a.m.

Thalia knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and there was no use either since it was almost dawn.

So, she slowly and unwillingly got out of bed and changed into workout clothes, deciding she would try and waste time.

She went down to her basement which she turned into her own personal gym and started on the treadmill first before going on to the punching bag.

Punch after punch, all Thalia saw was red.

Punch. Red Room.

Punch. Natasha.

Punch. Hydra.

Punch. James.

It was a never-ending series of punches until she heard the door open. Thalia spun around and threw the dagger that James Barnes once gave her straight at the person's head. She didn't live with anyone so she could only assume it was a threat.

"Whoa, Romanoff, easy it's just me." James or more commonly known as Bucky Barnes said, moving out of the way with his hands up in surrender.

"What? James?" Thalia asked, looking shell-shocked at the person she hasn't seen in what felt like forever.