One Day | 1

This chapter was made by sparkywastaken otherwise known as Sparky

The elevator made a familiar ding as Schlatt's mud covered black converses stepped onto the wooden floor of the police precinct. The smell of shit coffee and rotten stench that came off of the homeless drug-dealers that got brought in by the other police hit his nose as he scrunched it up in disgust.

He could hear the chattering of the police and criminals in the holding cells. The clicking of keyboards as his fellow detectives wrote their reports on the computers.

"Schlatt!" Quackity, Schlatt's best friend since they were born, ran up to him. He was shorter than Schlatt, being 5'8 while Schlatt was 6'3.

Quackity's black hair was covered in his old LAFD beanie, his smile was wide, showing off his missing tooth, the scar that went from under his jaw to the top of his forehead. He had one blind eye, the one that was caught in the scar.

"What is it, flat-ass?" he wondered, the two walking past the detectives sitting at their desks and the uniforms leaning against the walls.

Quackity rolled his eyes at the nickname, muttering in Spanish. "Chief had another case for us! It's fucking gruesome!" the Mexican said, "but he wants you to get in there and listen to him speak shit about it." The detectives reached the Chiefs office, the tan and brown blinds were closed and the wooden door was shut.

"Oh! Hey guys!" Darryl, the Chief's "secretary" greeted. He was a beat-cop but he was super wholesome so got promoted to secretary because he didn't like the bad things that go on in the world, Schlatt sometimes wondered why he even wanted to be a cop.

Darryl had black mischief horns, they sprouted from his red-brown hair. He supposedly had wings and a IMP tail, but never showed them. Unlike Quackity who always had his battered wings fluttering behind him, he even had his clothes ripped up so he could have holes to put his yellow duck wings through.

"What do you need?" the demon hybrid wondered, his green eyes glowing brightly and his smile beaming. "Soot Murders, Bad," Quackity requested, using Darryl's nickname as a ploy to get his way faster.

"Okay Muffin!" he said cheerfully. he took his glasses off of a small stack of dark tan case-files and set the bridge of it on his nose. He looked through the piles and piles of case-files on his desk and in boxes underneath his desk.

The door to Chief's office opened as Darryl was busy. The man stepped out of his office, the sun from the window in his office shone brightly, making the scene seem comedically heavenly.

"I can do it, ey, Darry?" the chief said. His dark grey wings hung low at his sides. His blonde hair was shoulder length and he had a green and white stripped rain hat with a "hardcore heart" pendent tied to it, the pendent draped over his face, spinning when he moved his head.

"Okay, Phil!" Darryl said, returning to filing his messy desk.

"Come on in boys," Phil said, moving out of the way so Schlatt and Quackity could bound in. (well in Quackity's case.)

The two sat in the chairs that faced Phil's desk, as the crow hybrid sat across from them in his cushioned chair.

"Schlatt, you're the psychic. We need your help on this case, ey mate?" the eldest man announced as he took a case file out of his desk and slid it towards Schlatt.

A red stamp had the word "confidential" over it in all-caps. Schlatt moved his hands very slowly across the front of the case-file, doing his pretend psychic show that only Quackity knew was faked.