[23] Forever

One month later

It's been a month after Albedo's situation. And since then, Y/N been in a coma, but Childe and Diluc has been taking turns watching over them at Dawn Winery. Dainsleif... hasn't been around, only to drop by to leave food and necessary things.

"Don't you think you should at least spend time with them?" Childe looked up at the blonde, dropping off whatever seemed they needed.

Dainsleif stiffened and looked down, slowly placing a few apples on a bowl at the table, his back facing the ginger.

Childe sighed and looked at your sleeping form, a frown came upon.

The blonde finished up and finally turned around, leaning against the table and crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes softened when they landed on your peaceful sleeping face.

It was hard for them to even talk about you. It was a miracle that you made it through, but you suffered from severe injuries, all the men and Paimon didn't know whether you would ever wake up.

You had a big scar on the right side of your face, going over your eye due to the moment Albedo had smashed in your face a few times.

Then there was your chest, the area where you had gotten stabbed near your heart leaving a medium sized opening, but thankfully it closed up well.

Only thing for everyone to do is to wait for the rest of your recovery and for the day, you'll wake up again.

...
Few weeks later

It was late at night, the routine that Dainsleif has been doing ever since you've been in a coma, been coming over only at night to stay with you.

No one knew that he was doing this, but it was a way to spend time with you without too many distractions. He would normally come in and sit at the chair next to your bed and tell you about his day, or just mumble away how much he misses you.

But today was different. You were awake and when you heard the window open, feeling a cool breeze come in you smiled immediately.

Dainsleif hadn't noticed you were up or at least awake after such a long time, but when he does he turns around and he froze. He stumbles and his eyes were wide, you could see his crystal blue eyes gleaming in the dark.

You let out a chuckle and pat at the side of the bed, motioning for him to sit down next to you.

"I told you we would be together, I never go back on a promise." You smiled and you slowly got off from the bed, Dainsleif was still away watching you.

"This isn't a dream right? You're really here and walking to me right?" He softly mumbles, his lips slightly quivering trying to hold back his tears.

You reached for him, gently cupping his cheeks with a grin and placed a soft kiss on them.

"Oh, so you've dreamt of me?" smirking, you placed another kiss on his cheek, "If it was a dream, do you want me to pinch you so you come to your senses?"

He nodded rather fast and you were surprised, letting out a laugh and pinched his arm as hard as you could. You watched his expression change to a wince and he immediately blushed.