[10] Way out

Seeing Childe in front of you felt unreal and scary. He was inside your place and trapping you, there was no space available for you to try to leave his grasp. You had to think before he tried to do anything.

"Ease up a little, I'm here to talk with Diluc." He said. He backed away from you and put his arms up.

"He's asleep right now. I'll go wake him up right now since he's normally awake around this time."

You notice Childe nodding and you walked away from him, heading towards the bedroom and shutting the door from behind. You leaned against it and sighed, looking up seeing Diluc peacefully sleeping. You walked towards the bed and sat down, placing a hand on his shoulder and shaking him.

After a few more seconds of shaking him to wake him up, he let out a groan and his eyes fluttered open. You leaned down and whispered, "Childe is already here.."

He hummed and closed his eyes for a few seconds before sitting up yawning. You left the room after waking him up and headed towards the kitchen, making tea for yourself and the other two. Staring at the teapot you grabbed out, you felt an intense stare.
At this rate knowing it was Childe, something could happen.

Both you and Childe turned your heads once the door to the bedroom opened, revealing Diluc. He walked towards Childe and motioned him to where his office was and then closed the door. Looking down you stared at your hands, thinking back to when you last saw Dainsleif.

'I'm pathetic..' You muttered to yourself.

A strange feeling rose and your heart began hurting. The aching feeling made you clench your shirt tightly and closing your eyes, dropping down to the floor. It was bearable but impossible to push the feeling away the more you thought about Dainsleif. It was the first time ever feeling like this, this aching sensation.

For the time you spent on the floor, the teapot whistling woke you from your heart aching thoughts. This is not good, you pushed through and turned off the stove and walked towards the medicine cabinet-grabbing a bottle of pain relief medicine.

You wondered what Diluc and Child were talking about, trying to suppress the thoughts on Dainsleif and to calm down. You grabbed two mugs that was sitting on the counter and poured out tea, hoping that you would be allowed in Diluc's office.

As you were about to reach the door, you felt a strong wind come through and noticed the curtains were flowing.

'I don't remember having the windows open..'

You quickly turned around, your heart was beating fast it felt like it was going to explode and saw who was standing right in front of you. All this thinking and worry left a huge sigh of relief, it honestly felt so unreal to see this sight in front of you.

"Y/N..." Your vision was getting blurry and felt tears run down.

Dainsleif was now in front of you. You desperately ran towards him to see if he was real and not a figment of your imagination, and once you felt the warmth of his body you hid your face and cried. He wrapped his arms around you and made you cry even more, your cries were muffled.

He ran his fingers through your hair to calm you down while you let everything out, still-you were shocked he was here. After a while you began calming down and he moved you over to the couch.

"Where's Diluc right now?" He spoke, kneeling down in front of you.

"In his office but Childe is there with him," You explained.

He nodded and placed his hand on your head, ruffling your hair. "Paimon is waiting outside for you, just go through the window I came out from. I'll be back."

"Please be safe.." You grabbed his hand and tightly squeezed it before heading towards the window.

You threw a second glance at Dainsleif and smiled, jumping out the window and seeing Paimon pacing around. "Paimon!-" She hurriedly floated towards you and covered your mouth.

"Not so loud!.. but thank god you're alright Y/N," She leaped at your face and hugged you hard, leaving no air for you to breathe. When she noticed, she apologized but gave you another tight but quick hug.

"We were so worried. When Dainsleif was dealing with the thieves he quickly came to where you were but you were gone.." Paimon began explaining what happened, you couldn't help but feel weak and upset.

"Dainsleif was about to reach his limit until a few days ago he got a call from Diluc, mentioning you were with him," She mentioned. "Luckily when it happened we were close by since he thought of Childe being behind this mess of your disappearance."

So they were close Snezhnaya..?

After hearing Paimon explain some more you, learned that Diluc and Dainsleif were keeping contact with each other to help out with escaping you from here. Either way, you were grateful that they came on the day Childe did but it was going to be troublesome still.

"Dainsleif told me that once I see you that we should leave. So, let's get going now-" A loud crash came from inside your place and there was now a hole on where the windows were.

Childe rushes outside and notices you and ran towards you, grabbing your wrist. "Let me go Childe!" You yelled at him and elbowed his side to get away from him.

The other two men followed and came to your aid while Diluc was in front of you. "You three. Get out of here now." He had his claymore out and gotten into a stance, he gave you a smile. Dainsleif nodded and picked you up and ran off, Paimon following by your side.

"W-Wait.. what about Diluc!?" You turned to see Diluc fighting off Childe and a rush of guilt overcame you. "We can't just leave him alone with him Dainsleif!"

This is all my fault. If only I was more stronger, I could've stayed and fight as well. Seeing Diluc alone and taking your place to defend you sent ache to your heart.

"I'm only going to drop you off to the docks and you're going back to Mondstat with Paimon." Dainsleif spoke, still running.

"So.. you're going back to help Diluc and then coming back to us?" You paused and looked down, you gripped his clothing tightly. "Right..?"

No response.

He continued running until you reached the docks and took you to a boat. Paimon grabbed your hand, she smiled up at you and looked at Dainsleif. "Please be safe. Take care of her Paimon." Dainsleif ran off without saying anything to you glanced at you.

Seeing him run off-you clenched your shirt and hung your head low, stepping inside the boat and sitting down. All you had to do now was pray for the two men who were willing to go up against a harbinger, to protect you. "Please come back safe.."

...

NEXT CHAPTER WILL SHOW WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN THE GUYS 🧎