[16] Fly

"Are you even listening to me?"

Nothing. Childe groaned and got up from the stool in the tavern and walked over to him, seeing him clean the beer mug. The once harbinger slapped his arm and Diluc finally looked at him.

"At least I got your attention," He crossed his arms, looking at the tavern owner scowling him. "You've been spacing out since yesterday.. after you know." He whispered the last part.

Diluc knew what he was talking about, but he didn't want to. After seeing Dainsleif take you away from the ball last night, he couldn't help but feel a pang in his heart. It was oddly making him ache and didn't have words for it.

He scoffed and returned to cleaning up, "If you're here just to talk about that, I don't want to hear it." He moved away from him and put the cloth away, rolling his sleeves up to make more drinks for customers.

Childe walked away and sat back at the stool, humming and tapping his fingers on the counter.

Sometime later, you arrived and smiled when you saw Childe and Diluc, running up to them. You greeted them with a hug and Childe ruffled your hair up, giving you a big smile and Diluc, giving you a quick smile.

"Where's Dainsleif?" Childe asked you, pulling out the stool for you. You didn't notice, but Childe threw a glance at Diluc.

You shrugged and scratched the back of your neck, "Oh, he went to go get some fruits and vegetables." You replied, looking at Diluc cleaning the countertop.

Childe hummed and looked over his shoulder, seeing Diluc's expression slightly change. Childe had gotten over his feelings for you a while back, now seeing you as his closet friend, though you a special place in his heart.

There was another thing, he did know one secret that he won't tell, even if you're someone close to him and that was Diluc's feelings for you.

...

"Yeah, seems like it." Dainsleif arrived at the tavern 40 minutes ago, explaining things to you and the other men.

"So Kathryn wants us to go back to Dragonspine to continue the quest," You hummed, repeating what the blonde mentioned earlier.

He nodded and looked up at Diluc for a short second, the back at you.

"It won't be that bad, we have a team now. We can ask Kathryn if these two can tag along." He gestured his thumb back to Childe and Diluc.

You nodded and propped your elbows on the counter, grabbing your glass of tea, bringing it to your lips. A sudden warmth on your lap brought your eyes down, it was Dainsleif's, giving you a light squeeze and gave a quick smile.

Must've felt you tense up a bit after the mentioning of going back, after all, it's Dragonspine of all places.

After you all finished up after eating a meal, you got up and gathered your things, walking out of the tavern waiting for the men. You looked up at the sky and shielded your eyes, hand covering them, it was humid but a cool breeze went by.

"I'll go talk to Kathryn about Dragonspine." Diluc passed by you and placed a hand on your shoulder, a smile is shown and faded as he walked away.

Childe went towards his place and agreed to meet back here again, leaving you and Dainsleif alone. He suddenly grabbed your hand, firmly holding it and then intertwined his fingers with yours,

"Let's go shall we?" He gazed down at you, a loving smile appears, softened eyes, he looks different from the day you met. No more cold gaze, he looks more alive and well, he practically looks like he's glowing, with a warm aura around him now.

...

You were just about to give up from walking as Childe ran up to you, a hand on your shoulder and smirked. "You're not going to give up that easily are you, Y/N?" His smirk grew, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"No way! Wanna race it out?"

"You bet, I will win this for sure!" He boasted, standing next to you and kneeled a bit, getting ready to race.

You did the same and waited till Paimon came into view, yelling out a 'Go!' And took off from the group, Childe by your side. He was ahead of you but you could tell he was holding back, making you chuckle under your breath and ran behind him.

A light push to Childe's back and he stumbled forward, letting out a short groan and ran after you yelling.

"I totally won that race, what was it? My tenth time beating you?" You were trying to catch a breather, looking over your shoulder and seeing Childe with his hands on his knees.

Both of you looked at each other for a brief moment, silence, and bursted out laughing and falling to the snow. Your hand was on your stomach and tears were rolling down your cheeks, laughing way more.

"You two seriously act like little kids," Diluc let out a huff and stood over you, along with Dainsleif.

He was about to reach out for you to help you up but Dainsleif beat him to it, a sudden and odd tension around you three. Childe got up after he stopped laughing and noticed, pulling Diluc away, chuckling nervously.

"Why don't we go and find a spot to stay at? It's getting dark!" Childe showed off a grin and scratched the back of his neck.

Dainsleif and Diluc were looking at each other and you looked around, looking for anything, to get out of the weird tension. You turned your attention to Childe and went after him, leaving the guys behind.

...

"What's up with those two?" Walking side by side with Childe, you asked and looked over your shoulder.

He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hand, still looking for a place to stay for tonight.

"You can't tell huh?"

"What do you mean?" You looked at him confused and furrowed your brows.

Another sigh. "I promised myself I wouldn't, or at least to him, but Diluc.. he um," He looked around him, cautiously and looked at you.

"Diluc likes you."

Your eyes widened at his response, mouth slightly parted and taken aback. What?

...

this what i imagine y/n face to look like at the end 😭

SO NOW THEYRE BACK IN DRAGONSPINE BUT A LOT WILL HAPPEN NOW..