[6] Liyue

We were now just a few days away from arriving to Liyue when we noticed a few suspicious travelers. Dainsleif put his arm out in front of me and stopped, looking up to see him gazing at the travelers. You turned your gaze to look at them as well noticing them putting away boxes that were covered with a black sheet over them.

Something didn't feel right. You were getting a bad vibes from whatever was inside those covered boxes, it made you worried.

What if they were going to Liyue and ship them out to the docks? You wanted to get a closer look until you felt a pair of arms around your waist getting pulled up to a hill. "It's not safe to do that." Dainsleif spoke.

Did he know what you were going to do? Even if he did you wanted to get on with it and talk to the people down below. "What can we do then? If they're going to head to Liyue we have to prevent them.."

You were peering down to look at them but noticed another figure behind a tree. You kept watch and Dainsleif has taken noticed looking down as well, hearing a hum come from him. The person down below threw something up in the air thinking it was going to aim at the ones near him, you were wrong.

You saw a shiny thing fly right at you and Dainsleif came to your defense, grabbing it with ease. He looked down at the weapon seeing it was a throwing knife.

"They have a good throw to be doing that from a distance. Not sure if this was targeted at you though," Dainsleif sighed, throwing the knife at the floor. Your gaze was on him and your eyes were widened amazed on how he caught it. If it were you, you'd probably would've hurt yourself if you caught it wrong.

"Yeah..." You stand up, brushing off the dirt off yourself.

Dainsleif kept his eye on the person behind the tree and on the others. They were still moving in and out boxes and transporting them to another wagon, wondering what was inside.

He began lifting up his eyepatch wary of you not to notice, he opened slowly opened his eye to take a look inside the boxes if possible. If he took long he could put a lot of strain on his eye since he's barely used it nowadays.

Dainsleif squinted his eyes and saw bombs inside some of the boxes, some were weapons. He quickly covered his eye when he heard your footsteps coming behind him, he didn't want you to see it, at least not yet. It was best if he didn't tell you what was inside.

"The person that was near the tree disappeared. I think it's safe to go interrupt the others now," pointing at the tree where the figure was, Dainsleif shook his head.

He still felt their presence and they weren't that far away from you guys now, "Listen, the person from before is still around the area. It's best if were cautious while handling the situation down below." Dainsleif whispered still keeping his eyes on the people.

"Got it, I'll take it from here."

You jumped down from the hill heading down taking your sword out and coming behind one the men. "Don't move." You spoke. Your sword was behind him, poking his back with it to make sure he listens to you.

"What's inside the boxes?" Your voice low and stern, questioning the man. You could hear him gulp, "Well?" Speaking again.

"T-there weapons.. and b-b-bombs." The man stuttered.

It left you satisfied to get the information but it left you with unease knowing what's inside the boxes. Explosives and weapons... you were near them and if one of the men set them off you and everyone around dies.

You gritted your teeth and pushed the man in front of you, disappearing. You made it to Dainsleif's side and grabbed his cape, "Explosives and weapons.." Whispering to him.

After mentioning this to him he didn't look fazed by it. You raised a brow looking at him until he looked at you, "Is there something on my face?" He questioned.

"No.. Anyways, what'd you think we should do Dainsleif?"

He hummed, placing a hand on your shoulder-leaving you without an answer. You looked down to see him next to the men, quickly detaining and putting them against the wall.

Seeing him do that, it felt safe to get down there but something was stopping you from leaving.

You looked around you to see if there was anybody but you remembered what Dainsleif mentioned before. Ending up using elemental sight, you looked around once more though found nothing.

No trail or anything. Maybe you were still uneasy and ended up shrugging the feeling off but you regretted it.

You felt something cold being pressed on your neck, it was pressed too hard that you felt your blood trickle down. You winced, eyes trembling to see who was behind you but luckily it wasn't someone you knew.

It was one of Childe's people, a fatui agent.

"If you make a sound or say a word, I won't hesitate to kill you."

Their voice was distorted, I guess to keep his identity hidden but it was odd though. Why are they near Liyue like this? Was this an order from Childe to do something drastic like this... Dainsleif wasn't up here yet and Paimon isn't with us today, just your luck.

You were worried if something might've happened to Dainsleif if he was taking long to check up on you but he was strong, you shouldn't doubt his abilities.

And with that, you and the fatui agent vanished.

...

SECOND UPDATE!! 😫

if you guys are wishing for hu tao GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. here is hu tao to boost your luck 🖤

 here is hu tao to boost your luck 🖤