[9] Hope

We've been here for a month now and nothing hasn't really changed until recently. There's word that Childe is back in Snezhnaya and that raised alert to Diluc and I.

"Don't worry about it. You're here with me."

"I know but, this is Childe we're talking about.."

Diluc sighed and placed his hand on your head. You looked up at him and noticed a smile upon his face, it gave you hope that nothing will go wrong.

"Besides.. all this worrying will end up giving it away. If you end up running into him, it'll raise suspicion to him." He says sternly, giving a pat to your head.

He was right. If I act worried or even nervous around Childe if I run into him, it'll seem bad on my half. Knowing how he is and how he could be with people, it'll probably end up with me or Diluc hurt. All this worrying made you get a slight headache, and you groan plopping onto the bed.

You could hear Diluc let out a chuckle and the sound of his shoes. He pokes your back and you turned around to face him.

"Here drink this tea, it'll help you feel calm."

You nodded and accepted the cup of tea, bringing it to your lips. After you were done, you set the cup on your nightstand and stretched, looking over at Diluc, he was close to dozing off.

"Come on old man, you're going to fall on your face." You softly said, standing on the bed you pulled on his arm to bring him to his pillow.

'Man.. what a drag' you mumbled to yourself. Soft groans were coming from him as you tried pulling his arm. "Can you at least help me out? You're so goddamn heavy, Diluc."

He closed his eyes and brought himself up to his pillow making you fall on yours.

Both of you were now feeling drowsy as everything sounded quiet. The moonlight were shining through your room and everything felt calming, making you feel tired. The moment you were going to let sleep take over you, Diluc spoke.

"Tomorrow Childe might come down here to talk to me. You might see him."

You turned your head to face him. "Do I have to stay by you?"

"Yes. To make it seem you're a helper of mine." He spoke. "He already knows this but it's a precaution."

It made you feel uneasy once again, hearing Childe might come to meet Diluc for whatever reason. You know deep down Childe is a good person but he has his moments that could be dark and overwhelming. While you were deep in thought, you felt warmth around your wrist.

"No more worrying. Plus if it helps, I'll allow you to have a weapon on you if anything happens." His reassurance helped a little and made you smile. You have to have hope in him.

For a while you guys continued talking, laughing and smiling together about old times until you both fell asleep. Once again when you were about to fall asleep once and for all, you heard footsteps right outside.

Weren't sure if you were just imagining things, you shrugged it off and plopped your head on your pillow.

Morning

It was morning now and you woke up to the bedroom door halfway open. You turned to your side to see Diluc peacefully sleeping, it was weird. He wasn't a heavy sleeper so something felt off right at this moment.

Gathering up your courage and thoughts, you were thinking before you finally got off the bed quietly. You searched for something sharp in the room before walking towards the door, uneasiness took over. You reached for the door slowly and felt a pair of hands around your waist.

"Didn't think it'd be you to be awake first." They turned you around and your eyes widened.

"Childe.."

"I didn't know helpers and higher-ups were allowed to sleep together?" He leaned close whispering. "That is strictly prohibited. Might have to do something about it, hm?"

Stay with me - dainsleif x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara