[3] Fatui

Number eleventh of the harbingers.. Childe was standing right behind them, you were in shocked to see them gazing down at you and Dainsleif. Hearing those words come right out of Childe ran a shiver down her spine. You then felt Dainsleifs embrace tighten around you, still keeping your gaze on the harbinger.

Childe stepped closer and held out his hand to you but Dainsleif got up and helped you instead. Paimon looked concerned and hid behind you, whispering.

"I feel uncomfortable now, hehe..." Paimon let out a nervous chuckle, scratching her head. Last time you and Paimon saw Childe was long time ago, you noticed his hair gotten a bit longer and a scar across his cheek. He looks more miserable now and his eyes.. they don't look the same anymore. There was always a little something for the harbinger but, you always knew it wouldn't happen.

"Are you doing work around here?" You broke the silence. Keeping your eyes fixated on the man in front of you, Childe gave a weak smile and nodded.

"I've been here for a month so far. So what are you guys doing around here?" He was gesturing - pointing a finger at you and Dainsleif. You could've sworn Childe's eyes turned dark, giving a death glare at the blonde male, making you feel nervous.

"We're just passing by. We just need to get to the top of the mountain." Dainsleif mentioned. Looking up at now the other male, you then turned to face Childe.

"Is that so..? Hm. If you'd like, I can take you up there." Childe said, taking a few steps more closer to the three. There was a pause after just hearing the words from the harbinger before Dainsleif replied back, giving Childe an answer.

"Sure, why not?" He then stood in front of you, getting in the way of the harbinger. "What is your name? Seems you two are acquaintances."

"Childe. One of the harbingers." Dainsleif's eyes widened, let out a scoff and began walking away. A quiet murmur rose from Childe along with a chuckle.

Paimon went ahead to follow Dainsleif, leaving you behind with Childe alone. Your heart started racing making you clench your chest for a second.

Childe caught your hand and pulled you back. "Now wait a minute," This time, there was no space in between them, however, it caught you off guard making yourself pull your hand away but, you couldn't. His grip tightened.

"I waited for you. Ever since we last saw each other when Teucer showed up at Liyue alone," You averted your gaze away from him. "Why did you stop contacting me."

He slowly reached out for your face. "You should know why, Childe." You pulled away from him and stood still, looking down at the snow.

"I don't. Let's just go and get you to the top of the mountain." Hearing him let out a sigh, you felt slightly, bad.

They both started walking - keeping distance from each other, trying to catch up to Dainsleif and Paimon. Silence was all there was between the two. You hated it but there was nothing to say.

"Seems like they are way ahead of us.." you muttered to yourself. Hopefully Paimon and Dainsleif are doing okay right now, luckily she isn't stuck here with me and Childe.

When Childe pointed out they were at the mountain, he suggested to help you but you refused.  You didn't want any of his help from him.

"Would you at least let me help?" He said - a hint of annoyance in his voice. "At least make some conversation, all this climbing is making me lose my mind."

"I don't have anything to say right now." You paused.  Looking down below to look at Childe and looked up, he kept quiet.

Once they finally made it to the top, Childe pulled you up a little more and grabbed a hold of you. He didn't want to let go just yet but eventually he had to when they heard footsteps from behind, you leaving Childe on the snow.

"There you guys are! I thought you guys got lost." Paimon exclaimed. You let out a short laugh and shaking your head, "I'm also glad you aren't hurt either.." She whispered close to you.

"I'm glad too, he even said some things that I'll tell you about later okay?" Paimon stuck her hand out giving you a thumbs up. The little companion stayed close to you, while both men walked behind.

"Do you think it was a mistake having Childe come along to help us..?" You turned around to look at Childe and faced Paimon.

"Maybe but, he did offer to help us," You muttered. Thoughts were running wild in your head, wondering why he decided to help us. Not to mention you did see the way he looked at Dainsleif, when you bumped into him and fell on him. There could be a motive.

Once they reached the top of Dragonspine, they set up their bags and made a campsite. As they settled down Dainsleif offered to get some more wood. You followed the blonde haired man and tapped his shoulder.

"Oh it's you," Dainsleif turned around, placing a hand on his waist, "Did you needed something?" You let out a sigh and averted your eyes before speaking.

"I was wondering how long Childe is going to stay with us." You said. "He is one of the harbingers after all."

Dainsleif looked deep in thought before giving out an answer, though seemed like someone was eavesdropping on the conversation. It was none other than Childe.

He appeared right behind a tree - hands in his pockets as he walked more closer. Dainsleif stepped in front of you, pulling you close behind him. "That's close enough fatui boy," Dainsleif spoke. You could hear Childe let out a chuckle, seeing him raise his hands up.

"I'm not here to harm you all, though it is tempting," Childe scratched his head, "I just want one thing. I want them."

..

note:

BEIDOUS BDAY IS TMRW ! 😣 WHOSE GONNA CELEBRATE?

Stay with me - dainsleif x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara