2.7 Moonrise (part two)

Start from the beginning

Shinzen Private High School:
Coach - Sasagawa Yoshiki
Coach - Aragawa Shinpei
Manager - Ōtaki Mako
#1 Ogano Daiki (Captain) - 3 - WS
#3 Naguri Shōta
#6 Shimafu Noriaki
#7 Chigaya Eikichi - 1 - MB
#8 Kodama Masaru
#11 Akitani Yū
#12 Yoshikawa Kazutaka

Shinzen Private High School: Coach - Sasagawa Yoshiki Coach - Aragawa Shinpei Manager - Ōtaki Mako #1 Ogano Daiki (Captain) - 3 - WS #3 Naguri Shōta #6 Shimafu Noriaki #7 Chigaya Eikichi - 1 - MB #8 Kodama Masaru #11 Akitani Yū #12 Yoshikawa Kazut...

***

Lunchtime came and went, and the guys continued with their practice matches after an hour's break. Ai had visited her Karasuno team during that time to check in on them before going back to Nekoma's team.

Hinata and Kageyama had sat separately, so she chatted with them individually.
The others were as close as always, discussing the synchronized attacks that were delightfully not in sync and the libero's tosses.

She and Tsukishima also exchanged a few words. However, Ai didn't push him to talk to her.

.

Once they were closer to the evening, Ai left the gymnasium to go help prepare dinner.
"Never hesitate to come get me, Yūki," she told the polite first-year before going to the kitchen. "I'll come back whenever you need help."

"Yes, ma'am!" Shibayama saluted. He was still a little rigid toward the older female's regal elegance.

Ai smiled a bit and patted his shoulder. "Relax. I'd like to think we're teammates now, and I hope you'll rely on me as your manager even if we're a year apart."

He nodded with a pink tinge. "O-Okay!"

Glancing around at the players in blue number jerseys once more, she left her notebook with the first-year libero and exited the door with a wave. Without a manager, Shibayama was usually the coaches' and players' trusted assistant.

.

In the kitchen, Ai met with Kiyoko and Yachi, as well as the four other managers from the other schools. They chatted about their teams and got to know each other better. Shirofuku Yukie was a third-year manager for Fukurōdani with Suzumeda Kaori, and she had a love for food. Ai got along well with both of them, and she discussed their favorite dishes and nutrition with Yukie.

"It's nice of you to be Nekoma's manager," Miyanoshita Eri, Ubugawa's female manager said, peeling the onions.

"Mhmm," Ōtaki Mako from Shinzen agreed.

"We used to take turns watching over their team, especially Yukie and I, since there's two of us for Fukurōdani," Kaori explained, motioning toward her friend and colleague. "But, we didn't really get to do much."

"I see. And, I'm happy to help." Ai smiled at the girls. "Karasuno and I are lucky to have Kiyoko-senpai and Hitoka-chan."

"That's our line," Kiyoko piped. "Ai-chan's work is incredible."

Yachi nodded enthusiastically. "I feel so glad every day to have such kind senpai's!"

She and Kiyoko giggled.