I do not even try anymore, I give up on this. She will not change anymore, she will not be the same woman I met anymore. I totally lost her.

I clench my jaw and leave to head upstairs. I make my way to Hyejoon's bedroom where only I will find a way to calm myself. I quietly step inside and move closer to his crib, and I bend over it. I put my eyes on his cute face, his small body peacefully sleeping and dreaming, and I control myself to not break down in front of my baby.

I swallow the knot in my throat and reach out for his hand, doing it delicately, I brush one finger past his tiny one, and I smile. Sometimes I regret being a doctor and working so hard, I wish I could be home, hold him in my arms for so much time, take care of him, and never be worried about anything.

No matter how delighting it feels to look at my son, I do not want to disturb his sleep and wake him up, so I straighten my back and leave the room to go and see my older one.

I knock on his door first, and once he let me in, I enter the room. He's not doing anything but lying on his bed. "Do you want to go out to eat today?"

"Yeah, but what about Hyejoon?" he thinks about him, but I already know what I am going to do. "Don't worry, I'll take him with us, so we can leave at seven when I wake him up. Okay?"

"Okay," he nods but does not seem very happy. I know why, but I still want to talk with him. I close the door behind me to make sure we will not be bothered, and I sit down on his gaming chair. "What's wrong?"

He remains silent for a few seconds as if he did not want to tell me right away, and I wait.

"I'm bored without her...she's alone in a hospital bed...that's not fair. I want to be with her," he lets it out, and his answer reminds me of the talk I had with her earlier. I do not know what went through my head, but I confessed a little too much over there. "She's fine. Think about that, it's the most important. She'll be back in three days," I try to find the right words that seem hard to look for at this right moment. "And...maybe if you want the wait to be shorter, you can think about a surprise that you could do for her. Something special that will make her feel even happier to be back."

"I'm not good at that..." he mumbles while facing the wall like a sad and upset kid. "Stop lying. Have you forgotten whose son you are? You know very well how to do that," I joke with him to attempt to help him smile or feel a little better, and I do not fail, he turns around. "I'm not you. You know how to make a woman happy and shy. I don't. I'm a small version of you who hasn't upgraded to that level yet."

"Hey, don't say that," I refuse to hear this. "She likes the way you make her laugh and smile, I told you about this already. You know how to make her laugh and smile, and how to make her feel good and comfortable around you as well, so you have almost every chance to make her happy. I'm pretty sure that no matter what it is, she'll be touched by your efforts. Trust me."

"Hm..." he gives me the sound that tells me I am right but that he does not want to admit it, and I smile. "Avoid baking a cake though, she has to be careful with what she eats for now because of the surgery," I offer him my advice, but he keeps his eyes on the ceiling. "What if I buy her a bouquet of roses?"

"Do you know the ones she likes the most?" I ask him, finding a way to help him. "I think she likes roses and peonies the most."

"Do you think she'll like light pink roses? Red roses will maybe be too much," I see it from my own experience and what I know about women. "She'll definitely like pink ones, I remember the other day, we were playing together, and she kept on talking about how pretty she found her new light pink hoodie, like, she could not stop talk about how happy she was that she bought it," he smiles while talking about it, and I cannot help but do so. She is precious. "Then put light pink roses to your list. Then what could you do?"

AMOUR || J.JK × Reader ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें