2. Running Away

I couldn't sleep.

And the wolf inside my head snoring loudly -making the noise reverberate inside my skull- was not the only reason.

I am going to run away from this hell today.

I've spent five days in this packhouse.

Five days in continuous anxiety, scared of even breathing the wrong way in case someone figures out I'm not Rayvon. Not the leader they looked up to.

Five days of watching those poor, gravely bruised children bring me food with those trembling hands and frightened eyes aimed at the floor and then leaving the room silently, taking away my will to eat with them.

Five days of drowning in the overwhelming emotions after this sudden change.

I was quick to adapt to any situation. I've always had a plan B for everything, which if failed, would lead to plan C and then D.

Never once did any situation make me feel this overwhelmed. It never changed my life to the point where I couldn't return it to the way it was.

But this, turning into Rayvon five days ago, completely deformed my previous life as Jaeyoung and built it into some strange sculpture I couldn't figure out.

And I was left to live with it for the rest of my life.

I rubbed my tired eyes and massaged my temples.

Okay Jay, no need to get so depressingly poetic. We are getting out of here today.

Max, Rayvon's captured children and I. We are all fleeing this hell hole today.

Even with my depressing thoughts, I managed to draft out an escape plan for us with Max's help.

I rechecked my small backpack, making sure it had all the essentials I needed and enough space to load the cash I was about to steal.

I gulped, this was my first time stealing anything. Having been born into a rich family, I had everything I needed. The need to steal never arose when my parents would hand me a blank check every time I asked for something.

Needless to say, I was extremely nervous.

After I was done rechecking my bag, my eyes scanned the room one last time before looking at the wall cock.

Ten minutes more to go.

I once again made sure that I had my phone and other necessities (everything was Rayvon's but I'm going to use them from now on so...)

Then I again sat back, nervously pinching my palm and waited.

And waited.

The sad fact about staying in this packhouse was that there was no library. Or books, which meant waiting became extremely boring.

I had to go on with my life without reading for five days which made me extremely restless and disturbed, fueling the need to get out of this place even more.

After ten minutes were over, I called Max through our 'link' (never thought I'd use the word like that).

'Max, get up, it's time for some stealing.'

I called him a few more times before he started grumbling.

'Shut up. I need my beauty sleep.'

'We already went over this Max.'

Max grumbled something unintelligent under his breath and yawned, making a small yelping noise as he shook his fur, making it puff out in all directions.