Not the time for jokes

Claras POV

"I'm holy Fred, get it?" George weakly make a joke. This was not the time to make a joke. Fred laughed at Georges ability to make even the most serious of time. Fred stood up after a short conversation with his twin. He walked to me holding the side of my arm, "he's going to be okay" he smiled. I know that me and Fred haven't always got along. We'd never come head to head but he'd had his doubts because of my name, but now I think he'd genuinely started to like me. I smiled back at him and went to sit with George, kneeling as he layed on the sofa. "I didn't die" I smiled at him. He smiled back, wincing in pain. "Neither did I" he smiled. "But you're missing an ear love" I shook my head in disbelief that he couldn't see the seriousness. "I'm still incredibly good looking though, aren't I?" he smirked. "Yes, yes you are" I smiled taking his hand.

Georges POV

I could see her worrying about me but I was okay and I was going to heal. As I lay on the sofa with her knelt next to me we were told about Madeye. Clara looked heartbroken at the news, it really confirmed how real this war was getting. It terrified me because I had people I cared for. Life was just looking up. I had my family, the shop with my twin brother and the perfect girl. I couldn't let that be taken away. The tone in the burroe was that of sadness not even me or Fred could make a joke. But tomorrow would cheer everyone up, it was the wedding. That was sure to put a smile on Claras face.