Chapter 23(Edited)

Me and Trace were sitting down at a table drinking whiskey when the orchestra started playing and he stood up turning towards me. "Would you like to have this dance with me?" he asks, putting his hand up sounding cliche, making me giggle, nodding my head.

I grab his hand standing up fixing my dress and walking out to the dance floor with him. We make it to the middle of the floor and he puts his right hand on my lower back while his left finds my right one raising both of our arms in the arm and I lay my left hand on his right shoulder.

The music continued playing and we both started swaying and dancing to the soft music. Our foreheads rested against each other and suddenly a mic turned on and we both pulled away to see his father on stage.

"Welcome everyone to the 10th Annual Mafia Ball, it is now time for each of our leaders to prove their loyalty to each of their men to their mafia by killing someone close to them or a loved one" he speaks into the microphone and we hear many claps like psychopaths and I get nervous.

Me and Trace head back to our seats knowing in both of our heads what's about to go down and hopefully it goes well since it was brought up and we had many of our men surrounding the place.

"Now for the first person to prove their loyalty son may you come up here and with your gorgeous lady may I add" he speaks and both of us shut down emotionless walking up the steps to the stage. Trace gives my hand a squeeze and I nod ready for our plan.

We step on the stage with the lights burning my eyes but I don't let it show. I step into the restraints showing no emotion, not even the fear that is rising inside of me. I lean against the old metal chair and see Trace walk up to me. He grabs an older looking gorgeous designed knife with it glimmering from the spotlight.

He unlocks the restraints pulling me out of them and then turns to his father. "I'm not going to prove my loyalty from killing someone, father she is the Queen to my Mafia not yours and from now on this tradition is over even if I have to kill you " he says sternly and many relieved gasps were heard around the ballroom.

"Now son do really think that's wise to do I am your father" he speaks to Trace and I lose my cool. "Really, a father doesn't beat his own child, and nor do you have the right to call him your son some may say blood is thicker than others but you are no blood to him and I personally will kill your ass if you ever try and lay a hand on him again" I yell at him getting face to face.

"Are you challenging me, youngster?" He threatens me. "Yeah and what are you going to do about it kill me cause I'm pretty sure I can get to your own damn gun in your waistband on your back before you can" I reply and I see his arm movement, quickly grabbing his arm twisting it and reaching the gun in his waistband where I knew it was and placing on his forehead.

"Might want to rethink your decision" I say then emptying the bullets out of the magazine and throwing it behind me. I look at his face which is showing his true fear, his mask was undone. "There's a reason why I'm called the White Moon" I whisper in his ear and look at me shocked. "I might be gorgeous but I'm also dangerous" I continued pushing him away from me and back near Trace.

His hand wrapped around my waist and I turned my head to the left looking at the audience who seemed shocked at what just happened. I turned my head back to his father seeing him on his knees bowing? I looked at Trace in confusion before he nodded to one of our men and the man went and grabbed his father by his arms, dragging him from the floor and away.

We both then moved our bodies to the other mafia leaders and saw them looking at the people beside them hugging them with love and passion just as they should. I smile knowing we did the right thing but that also just felt too easy. Trace was passed a microphone and he switched it on.

"Many of you might be confused as of what just happened but there will be no more sacrificing a life for something as proving loyalty as such when there are other ways now how about we finish this night off with our loved ones in our arms shall we" Trace speaks into the microphone and many people cheer and clap standing up to dance. We may be mafia people but that doesn't mean we don't have hearts in the family, where we don't care nor love because we do, our family is the mafia itself.

We both walk down the stairs and into the center of the dance floor once again with no nerves but just happiness. We were in the middle of dancing when suddenly Trace put his hand up and the opera stopped playing. I looked at Trace confused as to what was happening when what he did next made a gasp leave my lips.

He had the microphone in his hand once again but now he was on one knee.

"Kaylor Light it might be soon to others but to me Trace Giovanni you have been an amazing person in my life as a partner and an amazing queen and mother to others, from still staying strong from your rough past and getting past a miscarriage is the strongest anyone could ever do so you would you do the pleasure of making me an even more happy man and marrying me" he speaks into the microphone and I was now crying.

"Yes, Yes!" I scream hugging him and he hugs me back before placing a gentle kiss on my lips. He grabs the ring and puts it on my left ring finger. It was a gorgeous oval diamond ring with crystals decorating the side of it. I look up at him hearing people clap for us when I'm practically tackled to the ground by the girls.

"I knew it, I told you to give me my 50 right now Jae" Brya was yelling. I looked at them shocked. They were betting on me and Trace. I see Trace hugging many people who were coming up to him and congratulating us. I hugged the girls and then Vane and Kevin and walked back to Trace.

"I love you" I tell him, kissing his lips and wrapping my arms around his neck. "Excuse me I don't mean to interrupt but I'm Zachary Milan the leader of the Milanian(My-lin-e-in) Mafia but I wanted to thank you both for what you did earlier my wife Emilia here is two months pregnant so thank you and congrats on the proposal" Zachary says about to walk off when Trace calls his name.

He turns around to look at us. "Zachary it was no problem for what we did earlier and maybe next Monday maybe you could come over and maybe discuss an alliance" Trace asks him and Zachary pauses for a minute before nodding his head, "Yeah I'll be there" he says shaking hands with us and I congratulate them with their baby.

We both left happy and both had an amazing long night if you know what I mean.