Yorknew City - Chapter 44

I got up and opened my eyes to see that I wasn't in the hotel anymore. I was outside standing on top of a canyon. I heard Lizzy groan, and she got up and looked around the area.

"What? Where are we?" She asked, rubbing the back of her head.

Standing at a distance from us was a figure. A short figure who looked familiar in some way. He took a few steps closer, until we recognized who he was.

The same short guy with dark mid-length hair wearing that bandana with a skull crest. We didn't believe he would take us all the way here for some reason. Out at night and the two of us looking at him.

"You. What do you want?" I asked, tensing up.

"You girls wouldn't stop with your ranting about who killed you know who. I had enough hearing about that crap and decided to settle the score here once and for all. A fight to the death will do." He spoke bitterly.

"What do you know about the murder? Why did you take us here?" I asked.

He grew a mysterious grin. "You two always wondered who killed them. Your amazing, beloved parents. Well..." He paused, peering at us with limpid eyes. "...The answer is standing right here." His response was enough to light up my flame of rage. I deeply gasped, finally looking at the Spider who killed both my mother and father. Lizzy widened her eyes and felt tense.

"That's what I thought if I told you this. You'll never be able to defeat me. Even if you were highly skilled in Nen, you still won't be able to land a single hit on me." He took out an umbrella and then took out his sword, preparing to fight. I couldn't take my eyes off of him, my feelings of pure anger taking over me.

"Lizzy. No matter how strong he is, we have to fight. We have to avenge our parents." I activated my aura, preparing myself to take him on. "Focus on the target. Don't let anything get you off-guard. I want you to deal lots of damage and let us finish him off together. You hear me?"

She looked at me with a mix of fear and rage in her eyes. I watched her activate her aura and take out her baton. She gripped it tightly in her hands and got into a fighting stance.

"Okay. I'm ready!" She exclaimed, gaining some confidence.

"Wow. Looks like the fight's getting started." He grew a smirk, his sword gleaming under the moonlight. I took out my hatchet and glared at him.

"You...You'll pay for this, Feitan!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I charged towards him to land an attack. I swung my hatchet and tried to aim for the head, but he swiftly dodged and appeared behind me. I immediately dodged his sword trying to cut me. I heard Lizzy run towards him with her baton in hand. She tried to attack him, but he blocked it with his sword. Then he dealt many attacks while she was blocking almost all of them with her baton. The sword cut her cheek, but she was too focused on attacking him. I darted to his left, and he turned around and I kicked him in the gut, sending him back a bit. He rushed forwards and I didn't have time to dodge his counterattack. I flew back and tumbled, the pain taking over my gut.

"Lynn!" Lizzy shouted before Feitan kicked her back, making her drop her baton.

"You girls are being reckless fools. You will only end up like your parents if you keep trying to attack me like that." He sneered at both of us.

"Shut up!" I got up and went for another attack. I swung my hatchet towards his head again, only for him to punch my face and kick me back. He jumped up and pointed the tip of his sword down at me. I managed to roll to the side in time, and Lizzy came back to kick him in the face and I took a chance to chop his neck to paralyze him. We both jumped back to avoid any sudden attacks.