Hunter Exam - Chapter 12

I woke up from a pillow thrown at my face. I looked to see who threw it and apparently it was that silver-haired assassin. He pointed at Gon assuming that he did it. Eventually, we all got into a pillow fight, laughing ourselves off.

"Hey! Would you three knock it off? We're tryin' to sleep!" Leorio grumbled. Killua threw a pillow at his face, intentionally trying to annoy him. We chuckled softly, including Kurapika, who was still sleeping.

"That's not funny! Seriously, what is wrong with you guys? Grow up already." He groaned and stretched. "Damn it. Guess I couldn't sleep anymore."

I grabbed my backpack and pulled out an apple. "Guess I'll be eating this for breakfast."

We still had about 40 more hours remaining. I spent the most of my time reading the same book and playing with Gon's fishing rod and Killua's skateboard. I had a lot of fun using the fishing rod, reeling in whatever I could catch. When Killua used it, we all laughed when he caught Leorio's pants and tugged on them. He clearly was pissed, but he didn't rip them. Next, I tried the skateboard, not minding Leorio's continuous complaining. Once I stood on it, I shook and tried to move it only for me to fall and causing the skateboard to zip past him and crash into the wall. I groaned in frustration and he scolded me.

Lynn's POV:

It had been the worst feeling I felt when I got stuck with that creepy magician Hisoka during this phase. He and I were the first ones to make it, with an elapsed time of six hours and seventeen minutes. I barely did anything while watching him attack someone who I assumed was the examiner that he almost killed last year, and kill him. Surprisingly, he got his shoulder injured. He had no intention of killing me though; maybe that was why I was referred to as an "unripe fruit."

I took a tray with my dinner and sat down by myself and started eating. I kept worrying about Lizzy since we chose different paths. I didn't know if she was by herself or with our friends. I was thinking that if I could make it, she could make it too. We wanted to pass together, and become Hunters.

I looked at everyone who made it so far and didn't see any of my friends. I sighed and continued eating.

"Worried about something?" Hisoka went to me and sat down next to me, shocking the others.

"Go away, creepy clown. It's none of your business." I turned away and closed my eyes.

"Oh, don't be so mean. I didn't want to see you this way so why don't we try to bring up a conversation to light up the mood?" He had a sly grin on his stupid face.

"I would never and if you don't leave me alone, I'll beat the crap out of you." I glared.

He stayed quiet as I finished my dinner and took out my phone. He took out his cards and started building a card tower. "Your sister must've been real tough with me."

I whipped my head to him at the mention of Lizzy. "If you ever think of messing with her, I'll kill you."

He faked a tear at my threat. "Ouch, that hurts me. And no I would never play with someone who would turn against me. I saw how skilled she is when I fought her. She's got the guts to fight for anyone, but only when she's angry."

"She is just a little girl who I care so much about and I don't want her to be caught up in your affairs. So you better stay out of our way, or else we'll have no choice but to kill you." My blue eyes glared daggers at him, and his card tower fell.

"As you wish." He licked his lips and picked up his cards while the other applicants were murmuring to each other. He then went to someone with with needles pinned to his ugly face and had the number 301. I sighed and waited for Lizzy and the others to arrive on time.