Hunter Exam - Chapter 16

Lynn's POV:

I couldn't believe my eyes. Lizzy went through almost the same trouble as Gon to win. She used all the power she had to force her opponent to surrender. She is currently being treated for her paralysis and will get her Hunter's License soon.

The next two battles were quick. Just like he did with Gon, Hanzo forced Pokkle to surrender by threatening to break his arm. Kurapika fought with Hisoka for a while and he immediately won when the magician whispered something in his ear before surrendering.

Now it was my turn to fight. I grabbed my hatchet and walked up to the arena standing across from my opponent, Number 191, Bodoro. He looked confused for a second, then scoffed at me. He might look strong, but not enough to trick me. I got in my fighting stance, ready to battle it out.

"Next match, Lynn vs. Bodoro! Begin!" The referee announced.

None of us moved an inch. He kept staring at me, analyzing my strength. I waited for him to attack, watching closely. Everyone in the room observed the two of us, anxiously waiting.

Tension began to build in the air as we waited for another minute. I was slowly growing impatient. I glared through his soul, my eyes fierce.

"I surrender."

My friends and the other applicants were bewildered by what he just said. I was completely baffled.

"I don't want to fight children, especially girls. I give up for this match." Bodoro admitted defeat and walked away, leaving me all dumbfounded.

The referee cleared his throat and proclaimed my victory. I sighed and went back to my friends, where I was greeted by Killua teasing me.

"Guess he doesn't fight idiots." He insulted.

"Would you mind saying that again old-looking child?" I retorted.

"What did you call me?" He growled.

"You heard me, idiot." I talked back, poking his forehead.

"Woah there, easy you two." Leorio butted in. "Let's just take the time to celebrate your win. We're all proud of you, and we thank you for getting us this far." I scratched my head and chuckled.

"No, I should be thanking you guys for helping me and Lizzy get what we needed the most."

The old man—I mean teenager, smiled. Kurapika got himself together and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Congratulations to the both of you. I wish you good luck on your mission."

I gave him a calming close-eyed smile. "Thank you, Kurapika."

The battles went on, with each one applicant surrendering to the other. After Hisoka and Bodoro's match, Killua was going to face Pokkle, but he immediately gave up, resulting in an automatic win for the archer. Then Leorio requested to postpone the next match in order for Bodoro to recover from his injuries. In the meantime, the match between Killua and Gittarackur was held.

"Begin!"

The ex-assassin walked slowly towards the ugly looking needle man.

"It's been a while, Kil." He said without tone. Huh? Did he know him?

He began to take off the pins on his face, and I had a disgusted look as his facial structure deconstructed.

"Gittarackur" revealed himself as a man with long black hair and emotionless eyes. Killua gasped and stood aghast at the sight of him.

"Big brother!"

"W-What?" I stuttered. He's Killua's...brother? What the heck is going on here?