Yorknew City - Chapter 41

We were riding a subway train back to the hotel. Leorio had to be worried sick. He would be screaming if we told him that the Phantom Troupe captured us. Hopefully he and Zepile were handling the auction very well.

I had been thinking about what my Nen ability would be. Since I was a Manipulator, I could be able to control objects and people with my aura. But I didn't want to use it in a malicious way like Illumi. I knew he was also a Manipulator, and that he used some kind of hypnosis to manipulate Killua into being a cold-blooded assassin. I hated it when anyone used their abilities for wrongdoing. So I would never do anything like that to my friends.

All of a sudden, the train stopped, causing us to nearly trip, because we were standing due to the number of people occupying every seat. I looked around for anyone who knew what just happened, then an announcement played over the speaker.

"Attention, passengers. We will be making an emergency stop. Please watch your step."

"Wait, did something happen?" Gon asked.

"Beats me." Killua shrugged.

The Phantom Troupe must be attacking again. The murderer has gotten away with killing so many people along with the rest. The big question is...what is the reason for their massacre? Why would they kill countless people just for some stupid treasure? They are so messed up in the ways of evil, I can't bear the burden of losing so many innocent people! I will never forgive them.

"All trains have been stopped at this time. For your own safety, please wait patiently for now."

Gon took out his phone, as well as I did. "I'm not getting any reception down here." Gon stated.

"Me neither." I frowned at my own phone.

"And we don't know when the trains will start moving again." He added.

"Guess we have no choice but to run." Killua said.

"Huh?" I looked at him like he was crazy, then he took off and climbed up a ladder to an emergency exit above him. Gon followed him, and so did Lynn.

"Hey! Wait!" I started climbing slowly and got out of the train. I then took a deep breath and jumped down to the ground. "The Phantom Troupe may be out there somewhere! Waaiit!"

After lots of time running, we got out of the tunnel and back into Yorknew City. Gon took out his phone and called Kurapika, hoping he would answer this time. It was put on speaker so we could all hear him.

"Hello?" Fortunately, we heard his voice over the phone. I smiled widely.

"Hey Kurapika!" Gon and I cheerfully answered in unison. I heard him gasp.

"Oh, good. We finally got a hold of you." Gon spoke.

"Gon? Is that you?" The blond asked.

"Yeah. Can you talk right now?"

"Uh, I'm kind of busy with something. So, I'll have to call you back."

"Wait just a minute!" Gon slightly yelled. "I have something I really need to tell you. I found the Troupe along with Killua and the girls."

Kurapika gasped from the other side. "Actually, they kinda caught us." Gon added.

"What the hell were you guys thinking? Don't you know how dangerous they are?" He scolded us.

"My turn." Killua signaled for Gon to hand over the phone, and he did.

"I thought I knew, but after we met them, it became painfully clear. They're really tough. Right now, we don't have a chance against them. That's why we need your help."