Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Is there anything else to discuss, sir?" Draco asked calmly. 

"No, you're dismissed," Voldemort said calmly. 

Draco all but jumped from his chair as he left the room, his hands trembling as he walked with lead feet up the stairs to his room. Why was he frightened exactly? Angelina was a pureblood, Voldemort would never harm her. But....if Draco ever refused him, would he go as far to use her against him?! 

"Draco," her mother knocked on the door, stepping in before Draco responded. 

"He knows that you're lying," she whispered, shutting the door behind her. 

"I haven't lied," Draco denied to his mother. 

Narcissa shook her head and sighed, "I will warn you now, wherever you are going, he will find out. Whoever you're with will be in danger." 

Draco gave a heavy sigh and nodded, "can't even go for a walk without fear now, eh?" 

Narcissa shook her head, "be careful, Draco." She left the room without another word, Draco watched the door close, waiting for the click before he unfroze his body. 

The tension left his body in droves, shaking him until he felt completely limp. What was he supposed to do? Seeing Angelina was the only thing that made waking up bareable and now he can't see her or he'd put her at risk. 

Even writing a letter would be dangerous. 

I'll just have to be more selective about when I go, Draco thought to himself with a nod. 

****

"What do you mean you aren't going back to school?" 

Draco shrugged, "I'm not going back." 

Angelina frowned slightly, shaking her head, but she sighed. "Alright. Well....what will you do then?" 

"I'll be at the manor," Draco sat up off her bed, frowning as Angelina paced her room before him. "I also think I'll stop coming here," at this Angelina's face turned red and her eyes narrowed to slits, "you have to understand that I put you at risk." 

Angelina scoffed, "they wouldn't dare hurt a Pureblood. I know I'm safe." 

Draco scowled at her, "I'm trying to protect you." 

"Trying to drive me insane is more like it," Angelina muttered bitterly, she looked over at Draco, frowning. "If I had stopped you....from everything. Would....would this still be happening?" 

"Yes," Draco nodded, "just.....not as quickly." 

Angelina's frown deepended as she looked out the window over Draco's shoulder, "I see." 

Draco sighed, "this isn't something to take lightly, even if you think you're safe." 

"But I have you, of course I'll be safe." 

"You don't have me," Draco shook his head, "you can be used against me, why can't you understand?" 

"I do understand, doesn't mean I particularly like it," Angelina sighed. 

"You don't have to like it, you just have to put up with it." 

"For how long?" Angelina whispered, "how long do you expect me to accept that you're out of my life?" 

"I'm not out of your life!" Draco jumped to his feet at this, taking her arms in his hands and squeezing them slightly, "I want to keep you safe. I want to make sure nothing harms you, because.....well, because.....there really is no point to wake up if I can't come here to see you. If something happens to you its all my fault and I couldn't stand that." 

Angelina bit the inside of her cheek and sighed heavily, "I hate it when you're right, especially when you use your smooth talk." 

Draco smirked slightly, "I can't help that I am, Draco Malfoy." Angelina rolled her eyes, laughing slightly as she leaned up and kissed his chin, "you missed," Draco pouted. 

Draco nudged her nose with his so that she was looking slightly up and pressed his lips to hers, when they broke apart Angelina's face was beet red. "Don't do that." 

"Do what?" Draco smirked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Be a flirt," Angelina muttered, her cheeks flushing bright red. 

Draco couldn't help but laugh as he pulled her into his chest and held her tightly, he didn't know when the next time he would get this chance would be. This could possibly be the last time that they were together like this. 

"You know I'm not good with romantic gestures, but...." Draco took a step back, putting his hands in his back pockets, looking up at her pale ceiling. "I'll....uhm....I'll miss you?"

Angelina snorted, wrapping her arms around his waist, pressing her nose into his chest gently as the aroma of spearmint wafted up her nostrils. "Me too." 

~*~*~*~ 

If there are spelling errors, I'm sorry. I'll fix them later when I have a moment. I wanted to post this for you guys

Please comment below and don't forget to vote!