Prologue

She knocked on the door of Mahagony wooden door, Her timid knocks resonated inside the walls of his office, He allowed to come in without looking up from his file.

She stood up in front of his chair without uttering a single word, Doesn't hearing a word from an intruder he looked up only to came across with brown eyes with central heterochromia. His dark brown orbs stayed on her nervous rare eyes.

She cleared her throat to gain the confidence to let out the next words from her mouth, gaining all the confidence she had she spoke.

"Sir, Why are you doing this?" She asked him with a stern voice which didn't reflect her nervous condition but her body gave out about that to him.

He looked at her with a small smile tugging over his lips, he covered his lips from his palm.

"What am I doing?" He asked her trying to act oblivious.

"Maybe I am naive but I am not dumb and stupid who would not understand anything happening around her!" She spoke with sternness and confidence in her voice.

"Make it clear!" He spoke with the same sternness in his voice.

"No company allotted a pick and drop service also an expansive apartment to their Part-time Receptionist!" She spoke finally, she let out what she wanted to tell him.

"So?" He asked acting nonchalant at her questions.

"So, Why are you doing this?" She asked him getting irritated with his nonchalant behaviour.

"Because this is my office, my company, I can do whatever I want! And I want to provide you with an apartment and pick and drop service. No one questions my Decisions." He spoke with all the calmness he had in him at the moment not wanting to lash out at her and standing up from his chair and placing both of his palms on his desk.

"See Sir, I don't want your pity! I will not accept these things!" She too wasn't the one to back down.

"Maybe I am not rich, I don't have anyone by my side but I have my self-respect! My most prized possession and I shall not give in to this tricks by you!" She said, her tone had a sharp edge.

"I am not pitying you..." He spoke closing his eyes to control his temper.

"I am requesting you, Sir. Please let me do my work. Don't create any hindrances in my struggle. I already have a lot to deal with. Please don't burden me more!" She spoke almost helplessly.

He pinched the bridge of his nose to calm his anger down, he opened his eyes which had a crazed looked in them with the most prominent being Anger.

"Marry me!" He spoke Confidently.

Her mouth fell open at his chosen words and her eyes widened at him. She looked at him in disbelief and her eyes filled up with tears feeling humiliation.

She ran out of his office, While he keeps standing there looking at the door from which she just left. He released an exhale looking at the door.

~*~
Hey Everyone!

This book wouldn't have been possible without some people.

I would really appreciate if you would show as much as love and support to this book as you have done with my previous ones!

This idea was constantly in my mind for some reasons and i finally decided to write, although updates will be regular from December.

I want to thank all the amazing friends of mine who motivated me to write this. I would like to mention some of them here.

hsblisss , KababMeHadi , Flippin_ola , authentic-writes , Ufaq_I , mehhekkkk , cheesynugget01 , babagkiboti , kefimysa, nabihaali263.

Cover Credits : authentic-writes

Title Credits : Ufaq_I

There are still so many people are left but i remembered this much at this time. Do let me know your opinions.

And belated Eid Mubarak'❤️

Allah hafiz!

-Fazu_Mansuri