ꜱɪʀᴇɴꜱ

"Heaven," Dad said as we sit in the dinning room

"Heaven," Dad said as we sit in the dinning room. "Heaven." He repeats, more loudly this time. "We have to talk."

"Okay." I fold my hands together. "What do you want to talk about?" I pretend to act totally oblivious.

"I've seen the shattered Bourbon and cigarettes in your room." He reminds. I put on a surprised face expression.

"Oh my god dad!" I gasp, trying to sound offended by his words. "Okay I will admit." Slightly chuckling. "I always wanted to try it dad." I bit my lip nervously. "Please don't be mad! It's just all the other kids at school are doing it and they said I should give it a try. But I promise I won't do it again." I lie straight though my teeth.

"Heaven," he signs. "What did I tell you about not listening to people who peer pressure you. Those people will ruin your life." He scolds.

"I know. I know dad. I won't try again, I promise. And if I'm being honest it wasn't all that." I add. "But dad, I have to be somewhere right now." I grab my clutch from beside me standing up.

"Where are you going?" He ask, curiously.

"I'm staying the night at Laura's. Didn't I tell?" I lied, never even telling him anything.

"It must have slipped my mind. Well okay than I'll see you when you come back. Have a great rest of your night." I quickly say my goodbyes, wanting to leave this house as soon as possible.

I walk into the bar, sliding down on a barstool. Ordering a few glasses of Bourbon. The bar slightly more packed than usual. After awhile of drinks, I notice a redhead sliding into the seat beside me. She smiles at me, revealing her pearly teeth.

"Can I have a few shots!" She calls out of the bartender. I'm slightly stunned by her words, she doesn't look near legal age, neither am I either anyways, so I can't really say anything. The bartender quickly puts her drinks in front of her. "So you don't look like you belong here." She said, chugging her shot.

"What's the supposed to mean?" I ask defensively. Licking the alcohol that slightly dropped from my lips.

"Not anything bad or anything." She puts her hands up in surrender. "You just don't look legal to drink."

"I can say the same about you." I down my shot, burning the back of my throat. She looks at me with a cheeky smirk before letting out a small chuckle.

"I like you," she nods. "Gretchen Cook." She introduces.

"Heaven Carter." I say.

"Well Heaven." She drags. "Would you like to take some shots with me?" She ask, I give her a slight smirk.

"Let's do it."

"No-no- no way." Gretchen slurred, as we both lean on each other, trying to find our balance. Walking down a dark street.

"Yeah." I laugh loudly. "I was outside and waiting for her to come out." I lean my cheek against her shoulder. "And, and she was screamed so loud I think she peed herself." We both almost fall from laughing so hard.

"W-Wha-what did she say to you after she f-found out you were the one that screamed?"She obnoxiously laughed.

"Surprisedly, she didn't do anything. But y-you know what she did do though?"

"What?" She muttered.

"She screamed so loud, that the neighbors called the police because they thought someone was trying to kill her."

"O-oh my gosh!" She giggled. "We should do that."

"Do what?" I close my eyes lazily.

"We should yell so loud, screaming for help and have the cops chase us thinking we're killing someone or something." She thinks out loud. I think for while if that is was good idea. She senses me hesitation and continues. "Come on Heaven don't be like that or are you scared?"

"Ready?" I ask making her smirk.

"Help! Someone help! She's attacking us! Please! Anyone!" We screamed out. Laughing slightly when we finished.

"In about a minute let's start running because that's probably when the cops are going to start arriving." She explains like this isn't her first attempt. After a moment we heard loud police sirens start to come our way. We start taking off, sprinting down a random street.

Both of giggling loudly like we just did something bad. The police cars following behind us but not close enough to catch up to us. Gretchen and I sticking up our middle fiber up, flipping them off as we run.

"I haven't done this in awhile." Gretchen said.

"Why?" I ask even though I haven't done this before but loving the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

"Parents sent me to boarding school." She answered, rolling her eyes at her parents options. "And thank god I left that draining place."

"Was it that bad?" She had to be acting dramatic right? Was it that bad?

"Bad?" She scoffed. "That's the biggest understatement of the century." She looks behind checking if there still there, the cars trailing closely behind us. "Come one." She tightly grabs my hand as we start to run even faster. Thank god for tennis practice and my high stamina.

She lets go of my hand as we reach a dead end, a silver gate blocking our path. She smiles at me before returning her gaze back to the gate.

"Let's go then Carter." She starts to climb the gate. Stop being such a little bitch Heaven. I sign before quickly climbing the fence easily.

We run faster as we hear the police car sirens coming more closer to us, even though we climbed the fence. I notice a group of familiar boys hanging around but don't have time to figure out who exactly they are.

Getting more nervous when I hear the sirens getting closer. I pulled the familiar boy towards me, attacking his lips to mine.

He freezes for awhile. Great, he isn't kissing me back. I'm going to jail. Like he noticed my presence? He kissed me back.

It felt like every bone in my body was lit on fire. I feel like I'm the light in the darkness, like someone finally found the match.

It was gentle and kind and felt familiar?

I hear the police sirens pass by us, after a moment I pull away as the two of us slightly pant. Slowly I look up, connecting my gaze with a familiar green, yellow eyes.