Chapter 26

The fair eventually came to an end, Poe was happy he got to go home... but also sort of sad.

As they made their way back to Yosanos car, Poe looks down at his and Ranpos hands.

"Hey Ranpo?" He called out, making the boy in front of him pause and look back.

Poe stopped beside him as his grip tightened slightly on Ranpo's hand- making sure Ranpo wouldn't let go quite yet.

"Yeah? What is it?" Ranpo asks after a moment of silence between the two.

"Do you want to- stay over at mine tonight?"

Ranpo smiles, reaching his hand up to ruffle Poes hair some.

"Sure, you weirdo. Now come on before Yosano leaves without us" Ranpo says, leading Poe to the car again.

After a car ride, which was filled with Ranpo and Yosano talking with each other- and Poe lost in his own thoughts- they arrive at Poes house.

"Bye yosano!" Ranpo calls out, waving happily at his friend as she drove away.

The two walk inside Poes house, Karl immediately coming up to climb onto Poes shoulder making him smile slightly as he pet him.

Karl stares at Poes face blankly making Poe say "what? What is it-" before he realizes he still had the hair clips in

(Karl- wHat is this-?)

Poe quickly takes the hair clips, turning to Ranpo before handing them back to him- or well- trying to.

"You can keep them! They look cute on you" Ranpo says, grinning at him.

"But-"

"Keep them" he says bluntly, getting a tad annoyed.

Poe mutters an apology and a thank you before he puts them in his pocket for now.

Karl jumps on top of Poes head.

"I'm sleeping on your bed tonight! The couch is not comfortable" Ranpo declares- remembering the morning after the party and how the couch made his back ache.

He starts walking to Poes room without hearing what the other had to say.

"Ranpo- well I guess it makes sense" Poe huffs softly, looking to the couch before following behind Ranpo.

As he walks into his room he's met with the sight of Ranpo looking through papers on his desk-

Or, to be more specific- his writing

Poe shakes his hands, getting flustered as he runs over to Ranpo.

"Ranpo! Please don't look at these" he says, alarmed as he tried to take them back from him.

"Hmmm...why not? I'm curious about them!" Ranpo says, keeping them out of Poes reach but not looking at them.

"Because-" Poe says as thoughts raced in his head. Karl huffs, jumping off his owners head to the bed.

"Tell you what! I won't read all of them but you have to read me one tonight and let me take one home so I can read it!" Ranpo says excitedly, wanting to read his friends writing.

"You want me to read you to bed-?"

"Mmhm" Ranpo says, jumping onto the bed- nearly landing on top of Karl who made a noise.

He hands the papers he had stolen back to Poe.

"Alright- fine." Poe says, taking the paper and turning to his desk to find something worthy to read to the boy on the bed.

"Hurry up" Ranpo complains after a few minutes of Poe searching, poking Karl as the raccoon sits on his chest.

Poe eventually finds something, sitting beside the boy on the bed- keeping a fair distance.