Chapter 9

The two had been working on the project for a bit now. About an hour and a half to be exact.

Karl hadn't moved from his spot on Ranpos shoulders as the two talked about ideas for the book and the plot.

Ranpo sighs, huffing lightly.

"I've had enough today." he states bluntly as he shuts his computer. He wasn't one for working a long period of time.

He was rather lazy sometimes

Not that he would admit to that of course.

How was this boy on top of the class again?

"Oh- okay" Poe says, a bit disappointed. He wanted to work on it more. He loved writing mystery things.

Even if they hadn't got to the writing part yet- he still enjoyed it.

"Hey I know! Gets go to a café!" Ranpo says, leaping up and startling Karl.

Karl hops off of him and jumps onto Poes lap, Poe automatically starting to pet him. He had missed Karl.

"Why?" Poe questions.

Ranpo pouts and says "because I ran out of snacks...and because I want to" he shrugs. As if it was obvious- as if that were a reason Poe would go.

Poe was about to decline before he feels Karl hit his face making him glare over at his raccoon.

The raccoon looked at Ranpo then back to Poe.

(Karl bring a wingman-? Do u guys like the personality I'm giving him or should I change it or something?)

"Fine...okay let's go" Poe says, standing up and putting on his shoes.

"Yay!" Ranpo says happily, bouncing on his heels as he waits for Poe.

The two walk outside, Karl sitting on Poes head.

"Which café should we go to?" Ranpo questions with a soft hum.

"We can just walk to the one that's not far from my place if that's okay"

"Fine by me! Lead the way~!"

(Plz I hope this doesn't come off as "moving to fast" I'm just trying to capture Ranpos extroverted ("childish") personality and such Idk)