Chapter 24

They arrive at the fair soon enough, yosano leaving the two teens to hang out with someone else.

(Mostly because she had a feeling they'd be more then friends and wanted to give them some alone time <3)

Ranpo smiles as he and Poe wondered around the fair to look for something to do.

"Poe let's get tickets so we can-" Ranpo starts, turning to talk to Poe only to realize he wasn't there.

Poe froze in the middle of a crowd- realizing he had fallen behind and lost sight of Ranpo.

Ranpo huffs, spotting Poe after a few moments of searching and grabbing his hand- starting to drag him somewhere as he talked about getting tickets.

Poe snaps out of his frozen state as his hand was grabbed- looking down at their intertwined hands as Ranpo talked.

The two stop, standing in a line- Poe wasn't sure which one as he hadn't lift his gaze off his hands and had zoned out of Ranpo talking.

"Ranpo....why are we holding hands?" Poe asks shyly, as if he was making sure it was really happening.

He wasn't sure if he was okay with it, and it made him quite dizzy and uncomfortable to think about.

"Well you got lost, and I don't want that to happen again. So therefore, I'll be holding your hand." Ranpo says, as if it were obvious as to why he was doing it.

"Oh- alright" Poe mutters, wanting to move his hand away but not because he didn't want to hurt Ranpos feelings at all.

And also because a part of him sort of liked it.

Friends held hands right?

Of course they did. It was normal

(Poe is trying to convince himself really hard he only likes Ranpo as a friend- and he's also trying to avoid thinking of liking him other then like that)

Ranpo buys tickets for them both- Poe trying to say he would pay for his but Ranpo straight up ignored him.