19| 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲

Start from the beginning

He stared at the ceiling above him, lost in thought.

Lost in thoughts of you.

He was replaying the memory of the previous hours; remembering your face, the tears that slid down your cheeks. the sound of the rain; the smell of wet grass and mud, the sparkles of the rain drops in your hair.

He felt your lips on his; your hot tears mixing in with the cold droplets that fell from the sky, your arms wrapping around his neck, hands tugging at his hair.

His hand twitched when he remembered his hand on your cheek, caressing it softly, the other firmly on the small of your back, pulling you closer to him.

Wet clothes, hot breaths, mixing in together, creating a new atmosphere, a new feeling.

What was he feeling?

He didn't know, but he just knew he liked it.

He liked the way you smiled; your dimples that appeared when you spoke, laugh or smiled. He liked your ugly laugh and your stupid nose wiggle. Your soft lips, your enchanting eyes; filled with determination and doubt. He liked your boldness, your serious tone, your confidence.

Yet he liked your weak side too. Your attempt to look strong in your weakest moments, your strength to stand back up on your own after falling down, the power and the passion that radiated off of you, he liked it all.

Weak and strong, confident and insecure, sure and doubtful, beautiful and ugly, serious and fun.

He liked it all, because it made you human.

More human than himself.

He was angry, confused and scared. Yet when he saw the way you shook, when he saw you hurt, when he watched you drop to the floor, that all made him realise that he'd come to care for someone other than the people he chose to care about.

He'd started to care for and admire an idiotic and ridiculously strong girl, and that terrified him.

But when he remembered how he felt when you were in his arms,

He smiled.

and fell asleep, still thinking of you.

***

Standing at the entrance, you listened as Aizawa and Nezu explained the conditions of your exam.

Aizawa was glaring at you as you tried your best to seem occupied enough to not make eye contact with him. At this point you were praying that you wouldn't have to go against him, since you knew he'd look forward to beating your ass after finding out what you'd done at the party.

"As for the teams. Todoroki and yayorozu are the first pair. They'll be fighting me." Aizawa explained. "the second team, Bakugo and midoriya," he said and the two boys froze, looking at eachother.

"And with the exception, that Akari will be with them, considering she's still recovering and the fact that this team will go against All Might."

Now it was your turn to freeze.

Aizawa didn't know the one who you made out with was Bakugo. If he knew, he would've never let you two be in the same team.