Alpha Time to Bond

Start from the beginning

Xael, finally waking up and sensing her Mate close by, totally forgot that Beau was still there as she walked out of the bedroom. Her eyes were still closed as she walked over to Adam and crawled up in his lap, her long muscled legs pulled up against her, a large black fluffy tail whipped out to cover herself up. Beau almost jumped to the ceiling as this was his first time seeing a Wolfen shift like that.

"What the hell!?"

Adam could only shake his head as he stood to carry Xael back to bed. Once he got her back into bed, he opened the door for the pups to come in and he placed them both on the bed, covering her with his officers jacket to keep his scent close to her. That would keep her and her wolf calm so that they could relax. Coming back out to the living room, Adam could tell by the look on Beau's face that the two of them needed to have a serious talk.

"Let's go and have a beer on the back deck bro."

"Uhh, y-y-yeah." While Beau followed Adam outside, Emma and Skylar started up a movie and got comfortable in their ez chairs. They would keep an eye on Xael while the young Alphas talked.

Out on the back deck, Adam added some more logs to the glowing embers and they soon erupted into flames. Before sitting down he handed Beau a nice cold beer.

"Sorry about Xael freaking you out earlier."

"Wolfen don't shift like that Adam."

"No, no we don't, but Xael's not really Wolfen."

"What!?"

"Remember when we first all got together for lodge and we ran into those ungodly wolves out on the road?"

"Yeah?"

"The lead Alpha is Xael's Grandfather, her real Grandfather on her dad's side."

"..."

"Xael's a hybrid Beau."

Adam quickly reached out and grabbed the wet, slippery beer bottle as it slid out of Beau's hand, stopping it from crashing on the deck and spilling perfectly good beer. Beau had heard about Hybrids from his Great Uncle who stayed with him when he was a kid but never did he expect to see one.

"Holy shit..."

"Yeah."

"Wow, That's like a damn unicorn walking through the backyard."

"I know. I was just as surprised as you, we all were. We didn't know until after we had mated and things got kinda Twilight zoney."

"So what exactly does that mean."

"It means that the Pups will be here in only three months."

"Oh man, that's fucking brutal. Sorry there's no other way to say it bro."

"Winner, winner, chicken dinner. That's why I'm so glad that you came back to the res. I have a feeling that I'll need to stay with her that entire three months. Grams said since this is her first pregnancy it's gonna pretty much kick her ass and it already is."

"Jesus. Yeah, take as much time as you need man. Me and the other two can handle things at the station. Now I see why she's so big so soon."

"Yeah."

"Wait...is that why you two have gone all Great Alpha and Luna on us?"

"I think so, but one of my ancestors was a Great One so it's in my blood somewhere."

"Crazy. Does anyone else know about Xael? I mean outside of Grams and Skylar?"

"I think Houser might, but I ain't gonna double check with him. Her uncle and cousin know, my dad and Great Grandma and her Grandparents. Other than that, that's enough, we're gonna have a hard enough time with the whole Great Alpha and Luna thing."