twenty one

Nova's POV:

Before we knew it, our weekend in New York was over and we were back in Dusk Valley. New York was nice, but it was nicer to be back home. I spent the first couple of days back with my mom and Alli, while Holden visited a couple times. Even though, I knew Holden and I loved each other I couldn't help but shudder at the words of Holden's ex. I know that Holden's stay in Dusk Valley was only temporary but I don't know what to expect when that time does come. The time when Holden would leave and I'll still be here, in Dusk Valley.

We were back for a couple days, when I headed back to the bakery. I got dressed wearing my yellow jumpsuit and my regular white sneakers. 

It was a pretty calm day at the bakery, as there weren't very much customers

It was a pretty calm day at the bakery, as there weren't very much customers. As I was icing my cupcakes in the back, I heard the door chime and I headed out front. 

"Welcome to Caramel Café! What can I get you today?" I asked, before looking to see who it was.

"I'll have my usual," the familiar voice said.

I looked up to see an old friend. "Wyatt! What are you doing back in Dusk Valley?" I asked curiously.

"Wow, that's the greeting I get? I thought we were better than that," he says in a mocking sad tone.

"Shut up!" I say, as I head out from behind the counter and give him a hug, "I missed you Wyatt."

"I missed you too bumblebee," he replied. 

Once we pulled away from the hug, I headed back behind the counter, and once again asked him, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm back for the rest of the week and I was hoping the three of us could hang out like we used too," he said.

Before I could reply, Holden came in to the bakery. "Hey Moonshine," he said. I could see Wyatt's look of slight confusion when he saw Holden and how close we were. I internally chuckled as I head over to Holden.

"Hey Holden, your usual too right?" I said.

He nodded and as I gave Wyatt his order, I replied to his earlier question, "Yeah of course, just message me the details and I'd be down."

As Wyatt left, I handed Holden his usual black coffee and he asked me who Wyatt was.

"Oh, Wyatt is just an old friend that moved away a couple years ago. He's back for the week and wanted to hang with Allegra and I," I replied.

Holden gave me a quick kiss and before he leaves, he says, "Let's meet up later."

I nod, as I say, "Yeah, I kinda gotta tell you something."

"Are we alright?" He asks.

"Yeah of course," I say with a smile.

"Okay, till then," he says as he gives me one more kiss before he goes.